26 February 2013

{Pretty}



The other day, after dinner, the kids ventured out into the back yard to play.  They were out there for a little while before Meysa bustled back inside looking for her camera.  When I asked what she needed that for, she declared she just had to get a picture of the sunset.  After taking a peak for myself, I too grabbed my camera and we stood shoulder to shoulder on the back deck capturing this beauty.  I silently was smiling to myself at how determined Meysa was in capturing that specific moment.  I loved that she recognized the beauty of the setting sun and wanted to keep it longer by taking a picture of it.  For me that is what pictures do.  I can look at a picture and remember so many emotions, so many memories.  I guess a love of pretty pictures isn't too terrible a thing to pass onto my kids, is it?!!  

1 comment:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

That is awesome! I love sunsets!