This one of my favorite crock-pot recipes, simple yet very yummy!!!
Sweet and Sour Meatballs over Rice
1 lbs. ground beef
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 tbs. cornstarch, divided
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tbs. dried chopped onion
1 tbs. oil
3 tbs. vinegar
1 can (15oz)pineapple chunks
1/2 C. sugar
1 tbs. soy sauce
1 Lg. green pepper, sliced
Hot cooked rice
In a bowl, combine ground beef, egg, 1tbs. of cornstarch, salt, pepper, and onion. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. In a large skillet, lightly brown meatballs in oil. Drain fat from skillet, and then transfer meatballs to any size crock-pot.
Stir together in a small bowl, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and remaining 3 tbs. cornstarch. Put sliced green pepper over meatballs and pour sauce over that. Cover and cook on Low 6-8 hours or on High 2-4 hours. In the last 30 minutes of cooking stir in the can of drained pineapple chunks. Serve over hot cooked rice. Serves 4-5
1 comment:
That sounds tasty! I like that I can throw it in the crockpot too. Thanks! I thought of you when I posted the p.b. pie. It really is yummy!
Post a Comment