1 Tbs. butter/marg.
1 med. onion, chopped
1/2 C. chopped green bell pepper
1 1/2 lbs. cooked beef, shredded
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbs. Worcesdtershire sauce
1 C. ketchup
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce (opt.)
6-8 large Hamburger buns, split
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add butter. Add onion and bell pepper. Saute until tender, about 5 min. Add beef and saute for 2 min.
2. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, salt and hot pepper sauce (if using) to skillet, mix well. Heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly.
3. Reduce heat; cover. Simmer, stirring occcasionally for 5 minutes. Preheat broiler. Place buns cut sides up on baking sheet, broil until toasted.
4. Divide beef mixture among buns; serve immediately.
***For the shredded beef I usually cook a roast in a crock pot all day and then shred the beef for this dish. There is always more than what I need, so I freeze the rest for another meal***
Enjoy!!
1 comment:
Sounds divine! I love green peppers in my roast beef sandwiches.
Post a Comment