I know it has been a month since I last posted and there are so many pictures waiting on my computer to be put up on the blog. My life feels a little crazy right now and I feel like I am running in circles not getting anything done. So I am going to start from yesterday and work my way back over the last month.
Yesterday officially started our baseball season around here. Thankfully we had good weather, which means we didn't necessarily have sunshine but we didn't have any rain. We are thankful for the little things. Ayden moved up a level this year, which means that the kids pitch and not the machine. I am amazed actually at how many balls get into the catcher and how many the ump actually called strikes. Ayden is on the Minnesota Twins this year and so far is loving it. Each year we see improvement in his abilities and his coach is pleased with his level of ability as well.
The boys get to run onto the opening ceremony field while we rock out to some tunes. It is fun for them and fun for us to watch. Makes them feel like real big league ball players, which I am sure 98% of the kids that play want to be when they grow up at the point.
Again, Ayden is the only lefty on his team. He didn't have the greatest hitting day. He struck out once, and was walked his two other at bats.
Ayden's great day came while playing defense. He caught a pop fly and while playing at first got a few guys out. The coach was moving the kids around the field to see where each would play the best in a game situation. Ayden played shortstop, first and even got to pitch to a few batters. They ended up winning the game 11-9. Ryan says all is right in the world again now that it is baseball season. We will have fun watching Ayden this year.
4 comments:
Way to go A!it looks like you will be a pro just like your dad!!! :)
I can't WAIT to see him play! And a new number too! Way to go, Ayden!!!
Wow! Go Ayden! I can't believe how big he is now!
Play Ball!
Post a Comment