Saturday our family took a little day trip to Harpers Ferry, WV, with some other families from our ward. It was a great day in a cute little historical town. Harpers Ferry is on the Shenandoah river, which by the way is so beautiful, and it is full of history. We mainly went to play in the river but we also got to see some of the historical things as well. We are planning on making it a yearly trip. It is only a little over an hour so it isn't too far to go more often if we wanted to. We got lucky this weekend too because they had civil war re-enactments and living history people around town, which the kids thought was great. The horse lover in our family especially loved the Civil War Calvary regiment. The "soldier" was great and let us meet his horse, which of course was the highlight for Meysa. We hiked (and I do mean hiked) up a hill to see some of the town and to over look the valley. What a view it was from the rock up on to and the kids enjoyed climbing on it. Wyatt didn't get to so he was kind of bummed. I just didn't feel like losing him over the side. I guess it was worth the hot and sticky feeling we had after exerting energy. Wyatt was a trooper and hiked the hill all by himself. He was slower than molasses but he did it himself, which I was thankful for!! After our little hike we headed to the river. I get the mother of the year award for not bringing the swim suits. I didn't realize that the river was a nice as it was. On the website it made it sound like it wasn't too safe and it had a pretty good moving current. So I thought I would let the kids get in a little and so we only brought some dry clothes to change back into. Well I was wrong, we were at a great spot of swimming. Thanks to the other adults in our group who brought their suits our kids got the chance to play in the river and Ayden and Meysa got the chance to cross it. Next time we are sure to bring our suits and river shoes!! Lauryn and Wyatt loved just playing on the shore finding shells and planting a shell garden. The weather was so nice, down on the river we had a nice breeze and it was overcast to boot. To end the day we hit up a little ice cream shop and enjoyed some delicious goodness. It was an end to a great day!!























2 comments:
great pictures!!! once again it makes me miss you!. i hope you don't get tired of me saying that cause every post it might say that!! ;))
Sounds fun! And what great pictures...your camera takes beautiful photos! :)
Post a Comment