Our final day was spent here at the Great Wolf Lodge! We had surprised the kids with it on the last day because we knew if we started the week with the lodge we would have never left. On Friday morning we had gone back to Colonial Williamsburg to see a few more things that we hadn't gotten to see on Tuesday and then we came and checked into our new hotel. We got to the pool area at about 3:00ish and we didn't leave until around 7pm that night. And we only left because we were famished for lack of food. It was so much fun!! The older kids were big enough to ride all the slides and they could do it with or without us adults (which was nice). There were plenty of places for the little ones to play and there were a few of the slides that they could go on with us adults if they wanted to. Wyatt is a thrill junkie, he LOVED the slides and would laugh all the way down them. Lauryn refused to go on any slides at all. She hung out at the wave pool and the hot tub and we couldn't convince her that the slides were anything she would cared to try. In her defense she was catching what Wyatt had had earlier in the week and so wasn't her usual self. But man when that girl makes up her mind, she won't change it for anything. Which is a good thing and something I love about her, but man I wanted her to go on a slide just once! So Ryan and I would ride the slides with the older two and sometimes Wyatt and the other parent would hang out with Lauryn pool side. She was happy as a clam and so were we!! Our favorite slide was the Howlin' Tornado!! I may or may not have screamed like a little girl on the first ride down!! But in my defense I was the one going down completely backwards and didn't know where the heck I was going. Ayden and Meysa love to remind me that I screamed right along with them. After such a fun and taxing day the kids pretty much passed out that night after dinner. I mean who wouldn't, we had swam for four straight hours after walking all morning around Williamsburg. As soon as the sun rose though the kids were ready to hit it again. Check out time is 11am but you can still swim for the day, so we got dressed, headed down and gobbled up a wonderful breakfast, checked out of our room and then hit the pool once again. This time we made it there by 10am and didn't leave until 2pm, and we had to pull teeth to leave when we did. We had to make the three hour drive home and we didn't want to be pulling in too late since Easter was the next day and we did have a few things to get done. The kids we were so sad to be leaving, but we reminded them how lucky they were to have gotten to come at all!! It was the icing on the top of a really wonderful trip. The kids are really at a great age, they were so good (other than a few squabbles) and really hung in there with all the places we drug them too. So for the record books Spring Break 2012 was a success!! Thanks for hanging in there with all the many pictures, I promise the posts will be much shorter in length.

5 comments:
geeeeeeesh what a fun time for sure!!!:))
loves!!
Hey Aimee,
How fun to live in such a neat area! Glad to see some pictures of all you guys! We miss you and sitting behind you in church! By the way I got a calling. . . teaching Primary! Surprise surprise!
I got a little excited when I saw Great Wolf Lodge, like thinking you were here for a visit! Didn't occur to me that there could be more than one! Looks like you had a blast - we miss you guys!
That looks like SO much fun! I wanna go! :)
Finally sitting down and catching up on your posts! What a great time! It made us believe we were right there. What great memories you will have. Love you guys!
Post a Comment