
The Holidays aren't the Holidays without goodies. I haven't always made goodies to share with our friends and neighbors each year. It is kinda hit and miss for me. But this year I am on top of things for once and we will be delivering these goodie bags tonight as a family!!
Each year growing up we made Christmas candy, specifically my Grandma Brown's caramels. The smell of them makes me think of Christmas. It isn't really Christmas unless I make up a batch. My own little family is split on whether they like caramels, so I usually make them to get it out of my system and then gift the majority of them to friends so I don't eat them all.
Meysa helped me wrap up a double batch of these wonderful little nuggets last night. I remember doing that with my mom too. Perhaps caramels will come to mean Christmas to Meysa as well. Next year I will teach her how to make them, not just wrap them. Passing the tradition onto yet another generation.
2 comments:
Good job sis! They look delish!! I LOVED your Christmas card, now i get to see your smiling face each day. Miss you
{lOvE} miss you more!
Post a Comment