16 December 2012

{Marshmallows}


I like trying new recipes.  I sometimes feel like I get in a rut with cooking or baking and sometimes it is nice to break out of that.  I know no better way to do just that, than by trying something new.  I found on Pinterest a recipe for homemade marshmallows that went along with some decadent hot chocolate (http://www.browniepointsblog.com/2006/04/15/basic-vanilla-marshmallows/).  Now if I am being honest I am not much of a marshmallow fan.  Just to eat them straight or even for that matter on s'mores, but I thought it would be fun to know how to make them...and to add them to some delicious hot chocolate, well I am game!!

The recipe was way easier than I initially thought it would be.  The one thing that you definitely need is a candy thermometer, but don't let that scare you off.  It was a super simple recipe and it turned out great.  I chose to dip them in chocolate to then add to some Hot chocolate packets for the kids teachers for Christmas.  The kids have tried one and they said they were awesome!!  I'd say that is a win-win.  I got to try a new recipe...that worked and the kids enjoyed the results!!


1 comment:

Frasier Family said...

Yummy! But then I can eat marshmallows straight outta the bag! :)