19 March 2013

{St. Patty's Day}



"We've been attacked!!!"  

That was the cry that went up Sunday morning as Ryan tried waking up our sweet dead head, Meysa.  All the other kids were awake and downstairs eating breakfast.  She bolted out of bed and scurried downstairs to see what really was happening.

Sunday we tried our best  to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  I fully recognize that our attempt was basic and simplistic but that was what we were able to muster.  There are other people way more creative and ingenious than I at making childhood magical.  Let's be honest I can barely get the tooth fairy to show up on time. The "attack" occurred in our kitchen.  Our milk and our pancakes were turned green.  Which by the way, the kids thought was awfully tricky of those leprechauns !  All the kids except Meysa.  She wasn't phased at all by their treachery.  Perhaps because she was still semi-conscious she wasn't able to grasp the magnitude of it all!!  

Wyatt kept saying, "Those tricky leprechauns !!  and couldn't wait to tell his Primary teacher about it once we got to church.  Only Ryan wore something green to church, although I think Meysa had a necklace with a green turtle on it.  That apparently was sufficient!!  We had lasagna and french bread for dinner.  Very Irish I know!!  Hey at least I semi remembered the day at all.  Maybe next year we can set a trap for the sneaky leprechauns and catch them in the act!!





1 comment:

Heather said...

Ok Meysa is cracking me up!!! Me & her could be twins in the am!! Not a morning girl!! I really don't think my kids will make it to seminary unless it is part of their day like I had it in high school!! Lol! ;) yummy pancakes!