21 October 2013

{Operation Pumpkin Carving}


Saturday morning we woke up, rushed to get breakfast into our bellies and hurried off to Ayden's baseball game.  Only to find out that we had put the wrong time on our calendar.  His game wasn't for another four hours!!  Super awesome!!  A morning that could have used to sleeep in was wasted on getting up and at'em.  Darn it all!!  The kids though had a great idea.  We had yet to pick out our pumpkins for carving.  So we stopped by the local grocery store, who was having a sale on pumpkins, and picked out four lovely ones.

Fast forward to Sunday night, the kids were super excited to get to carving.  And surprise of all surprises, I didn't have to gut one pumpkin, which is usually my job!!  I may or may not have been on the phone with my sister at the time, though I wasn't trying to get out of it I promise!

Meysa declared that we have an advantage when it comes to carving really cool pumpkins.  It is called our Dad.  He is an expert at carving.  So glad all his training in the operating room is paying off for us here at home too!!

We didn't have any sliced fingers or broken pumpkins so we'll call it a successful night.  The kids' favorite part was getting to take pictures with their pumpkins and lighting the candles inside.  I am so glad that they still enjoy the simple things in life!!





Lauryn is obviously a boss at carving pumpkins.  She can carve and eat a brownie at the same time!







2 comments:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

So cool! I want to do pumpkins this year, too! Now I'm inspired!

Frasier Family said...

How did you guys manage to stay so clean when 4/5 (I'm including Ryan) of them were wearing white to carve pumpkins??? That takes skills. :) And your pumpkins turned out awesome too!