
Ryan started night float on Sunday night and will be working nights for the next 6 weeks. It is usually a 3 month long rotation but Ryan's class opted to split it into two 6-week blocks to manage it a little better. It is a really FUN (read hard) rotation, or so I hear!! Anyway, the kids aren't usually up when Daddy leaves for work, hardly anyone would want to be up that early. So when it came time for Dad to leave for work Sunday night the kids were kinda funny about it. Meysa I think told him that she loved him like honestly 15 times and reassured him that she would see him the next night. I asked Ryan if he was planning on being gone for awhile and he said NO but you would think it with the way the kids were acting. They followed him to the door and gave more hugs and kisses and then stood at the window until his car was no longer in sight. As I sat watching this happen, I couldn't help but think I need a picture. I want to remember in 15 years what my kids were like when we were at this point in our lives. Daddy leaving, the kids sappy and clingy. I know it won't always be the same and even though there are hard things about Ryan being in residency and gone a lot, as a whole it has been a wonderful experience for our family. I feel like I "watch" my life a lot these days conscience that it won't always be so simple. My kids will get older and other FUN stages will be upon our family. I am really thankful for the power of pictures. They can freeze time for a second and allow us to remember the small things that we tend to forget. Boy I sound all sentimental. Maybe because I turned another year older today. Tell me 31 will be FUN ok?!!
10 comments:
Sorry I can't tell you if 31 is fun or not, I'm NOT that OLD!! ha ha Happy b-day! And I thought it was a sweet post. It is good to catch those sweet memories before they are gone, it looks Ayden is already too old to be watching out the window.
Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE that picture! How blessed your children are to have a daddy they love SO much and miss when he is away. That is awesome! And happy birthday to you!!! I am sure 31 will be a very fun age! Still young in age but another year of experience under your belt!! :o)
Happy Birthday!!
31 is a blast! 32 is even better, though.
Ayden must be getting too old and "too cool" to stand by the door when Daddy leaves. I'm sure he misses him though. I was just thinking about it last night that today is your birthday! Hope it's a happy one! :)
happy birthday!!!! just think a few more days we will have some freedom.....& maybe a tan!!! ;)
xoxo
I can't believe that someone gave you a cow patty for your birthday cake.
OOOOOH you will love 31...it's great! :) I love all the cute pictures, looks like Halloween was lots of fun!
Happy Birthday!!!! This year will be your best YET!! ;) And cute cute picture of your kids (minus 1 ;)).
I love your pictures - you've really got a knack for taking them - way to take advantage of that new camera you got ;),
31 is awesome!! ok so people don't celebrate 31 for some reason..but we need to. Now I think right now you're in Hawaii. Let go to a movie to celebrate. RR
Post a Comment