
Last Saturday the kids and I HAD to get out of the house. We just HAD to. I was going crazy, they were going crazy and Ryan was trying to sleep off a night of L&D call. It wasn't raining but it was overcast so we took our chances on going for a walk and playing at the park. We took off down the Western Chehalis trail with the older two kids on their bikes and the younger two in the double stroller. It was so nice to be out in the fresh air. We came across some very friendly people on the trail. I guess when you travel on that little strip of asphalt everyone assumes you are friends. So many people said hello, smiled at the kids. I even got a shout out from some guy running by asking if those kids were all mine, and when I admitted that yes in fact they were all mine, he declared that I was a busy mama!! Give that guy a gold star!!

Our end destination, the place that the kids kept peddling their little legs for was the PARK. We finally made it and the kids were delighted to find the place deserted. Not another child for at least a block radius! I think everyone else saw the rain clouds moving in and were smart to stay inside. We just couldn't do that, we might not have made it through the day all alive if we had. So to the park we came and we loved it in spite of the growing wind and small trickles of rain drops. Meysa, out of the blue said "I love you Mom, thanks for bringing us to the park." And Ayden said "I love being together just us Mom, thanks." The girls loved getting to swing and Ayden was Wyatt's little shadow. He helped him swing, go down the slide, twirl on the spinning thing (I have no idea what it is called, if it even has a name). It was nice to have Ayden's help, then I could go around snapping pictures of the kids and not worry that Wyatt was taking a leap off the top of the slide.

I know there is 7 years between these two boys but it is the sweetest thing watching Ayden and Wyatt together. Wyatt loves his big brother and Ayden takes pride in being the older one who can teach his wealth of knowledge to his younger brother. I hope it continues to be like this.

Right now they share a room. Wyatt doesn't like going to sleep without Ayden in there with him and honestly I think Ayden likes having Wyatt there too.

There may come a time when the 7 years between them will seem like such a difference in age.

Like when Ayden is in High School and Wyatt is still in elementary school. There won't be much that they have in common. Ayden may feel like his snotty, younger brother is always trying to hang out with him and his friends, and Wyatt might feel like his older, know it all brother never has time for him.

And I am sure there will be fights and wrestling matches to be reffed. Hopefully there will always be a handshake though, when it is all over.

If nothing else I know when push comes to shove, Ayden will always have his brother's back and vice-versa. That is how it is with brothers. No matter the age difference and no matter what!

It was a good day to be outside, together. Even if it started raining and we had to bolt home. We only had to run for a mile or more. No big deal. Hot chocolate was administered to the wet and weary travelers upon arrival into the warmth of our home. It was worth it though, it really was.
7 comments:
What a sweet post Aimee!
garrett won't go to bed without cayden either....
cute pictures!!! :)
Soooo incredibly sweet. Isn't it a great bond? Boys just tug at my heart strings (probably because that's all I have! ha ha) But I love this post. So sweet!
We love "William Bush" Park. It's perfect for little kids.
Love your blog and all the new pictures!!
wow, I have missed a ton! You guys have been very busy up there and you've been so good about taking pictures. I even recieved a new camera for Christmas and haven't taken it out as much as I've wanted. I guess math homework isn't as fun to photograph as cute kids! I really beed to update...watch for a birthday post this week. Bye!
Those are adorable pictures of the boys. I love the one with Ayden pushing Wyatt, you can see the little love for each other in their faces!
Love this post!
Post a Comment