02 March 2010

{PB&J}

I don't know of any two things that go together better than Peanut Butter and Jam (the J for our family represents jam as we don't have jelly). In fact I am such a fan of this beautiful combination that at the ripe old age of 4 I was knocking on neighbors doors begging for it (it wasn't just random strangers, they were good family friends). All I needed was a chubby little face and some mad eye batting skills and they would give me whatever I wanted. They also gave me chocolate chips and raisins in a little baggie, which was a nice combo as well. They were the best neighbors!! As kids we even went so far as to mix peanut butter and jam together in a bowl and just eat it without the bread. Now that I think of that, it makes me kind of nauseous but at the time we loved it. I think the love of PB & J may be hereditary. My little man loves a good sandwich made from peanut butter and jam. He usually eats it for lunch almost everyday of the week. He had just woken up from a late nap and he was HUNGRY. I made him a PB&J and he scarfed it down, he wouldn't even let me cut it for him which I usually do. He had it gone in seriously 2 minutes flat and washed it down with some cold milk in the old sippy cup!! That is another thing, you can't eat a PB&J without some cold milk to go along with it. It just isn't right not to. Nothing better I tell ya!! The sad part is I don't think in this day and age that it will be safe for this little guy to go soliciting the neighbors for PB&J's. What is this world coming to?!!

10 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

He is so cute, love that little face. I wish my kids liked PB&J's more. Isaac while tear it open, lick out the jam and announce he is all done. I think I ate a pb&j almost everyday in elementary school.

Blake and Martha said...

That makes me want one :) What a happy little guy!

*Katie May* said...

That is so cute! The love of PB for sure runs in the family Andy is just as bad! ;)

Heather said...

we love the P without the J in our house... i know i don't know what we are missin..... :)

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

Tell Wyatt his papa Greg has PB & J (jam in our house too!) every day for lunch. Even when you're big, you're never too big for a yummy sandwich. (I personally think he eats it because it's easy and quick to fix!! he, he!)

Heidi said...

Nothing beats a good PB&J. I always had it in my lunch at school and it is still my sandwich of choice every day that I work. Wyatt is too cute!

Colton said...

I'm so proud of you for spelling it "nauseous".

Frasier Family said...

I wish Andren would eat sandwiches! The kid only eats bread when he's feeding the ducks. He just tried PB&J for the first time a week ago! Crazy, huh? What 2 year old doesn't like PB&J???

Coleman Family said...

I think pb&j is the one thing I crave right now! Doesn't get any better, does it? :) and who could resist a chubby little face asking for food...;) bet you were pretty cute!

Teresa / Andy said...

these photos made my day! that's some genuine happiness right there