22 March 2010

{Really??}


This last week has been a doosy!! You know how refreshing it is to read a blog and the writer is honest about the good, the bad and the ugly. It is refreshing because it makes you feel like you aren't the only one that has crazy, hairy days that make you want to strip off all your clothes and run down the middle of the street screaming. Am I the only one that wants to do that?!! Ok, maybe that was a little TMI (too much info)!! Well get ready for a real refreshing, cool breeze. I had a couple crazy, hairy days in a row!!

Lets start with Monday. My computer is acting up again and the dreaded blue screen kept popping up. I called the Geek squad to ask them what is up and they said that the graphics driver update that I installed was probably a bad one and that I needed to restore my computer back to before I installed it. The Geek told me that it wouldn't affect any files or programs so I went ahead and did it. Well Geek guy was wrong, or maybe I misunderstood him about the programs thing but it wiped out my newly installed photo editing software. Yes, I was very happy!! Then it took me two days and hours on the phone waiting on hold to get the programs reinstalled. Well just when I get everything reinstalled and I think things are working fine, it blue screens again and won't even turn on without doing another restore. I about committed myself at this point. So I decide to take it back to the Geek squad and see what they can do. Of course they want to do a destructive restore on my computer, the same one that they did not quite a month ago. Have I mentioned how much I love computers? They didn't charge me since it was within the 30 day window. That was one ray of light. I got the computer back yesterday and so far it has been working, but I am not holding my breath! We'll see if it continues to work, or if it will wait until I am comfortable and I have moved everything back onto it from my external hard drive and then crash again!!! I also painted my kitchen and dining room getting ready for the crazy remodel week ahead.

Wednesday at about 4:00pm the Fed Ex lady was at my door telling me she had three 75lbs. boxes of rope to deliver to my house. Really?!! I didn't order any rope, especially not 2 inch contractors rope. I called Ryan asking him it he had ordered the rope and he said no, of course!! What would and OB need with that kind of rope!!? I refused the rope because I didn't know who in the heck sent me this rope and thought it was odd for someone to steal my credit card, charge something to it and then send it to me. Can you tell my mental state is a bit shaky!!? Well the next day (we are to Thursday now) while dealing with a printer from you know where at my friends house (another bright spot in my week) my sister calls and asks me if I had had a delivery of rope in the last few days. The light bulb goes on. My sis is moving to an Island off Alaska and she needed to have some construction supplies sent to my house so that they wouldn't have to worry about packing it in the moving truck. Then they would get it when they come here and before they load their household stuff on a shipping container in Seattle. She had told me about sign boards and such but I didn't recall the rope. She probably told me but I had lost my mind at this point. So Fed Ex is resending it. I get one of the three boxes and hope to heaven the other two come before Wednesday morning.

That same afternoon my friend and I were trying to print her sons' baptism invites. I had taken her sons' pictures and made the invites on my computer. I was ready to print them at my house until my computer crashed so that left us her computer and printer. Well she just got a trampoline so all the kids were in her back yard playing, her three and my four. Things weren't going well for us with the invitations and she had to take her son to wrestling practice, so we called it a day and I went to fetch my kids from the back yard. All the older kids were there but Wyatt and her youngest, Garrett were not. When we asked the kids where they were Meysa says they are in the front yard. Can I just tell how far my heart sunk in that moment? So Heather and I bolted around to the front yard and you guessed it they weren't there. What 18 mos and 2yr old would stay in the front yard when the world was beckoning them to explore it? I began running up the streets in my flip flops and a nice neighbor who was already in his car stopped and asked if I lost someone. When I frantically told him that yes I had lost someone, in fact TWO little people. He asked the ages and I told him and he got that look in his eye, that determined I am going to help look. He took off in the direction I was running. Heather at this time was also running around going the other direction and checking to see if they little boogers had gone into the house. As I rounded the corner-another block away-the neighbor's car was pulled over to the side of the road and he was waving me down. He came out from someones side yard carrying both Wyatt and Garrett in his arms. They had crossed a street to get to where they were!!! I was so out of breath that I couldn't even really tell him thank you. I think he knew though!! I took Wyatt and Garrett back to Heather's house and we both hugged those little guys to death. Come to find out the older girls had left the back yard and went to the front yard and of course the little guys had followed. When the girls returned to the back yard, the boys did not. I can't even really give a whole lot of thought to the "what ifs", it makes me cringe. I am just glad that there were angels watching over them and that they are snug in their beds at this moment. My other kids sure got a scare too. Especially the girls because I think they knew it was because they had left the back yard and not brought the boys back with them. In fact, at one point there was someone walking on the sidewalk who we stopped to ask if she had seen the boys and she said no but she heard someone crying. We were already a block from Heather's house at this point. It was Meysa's screaming that she was hearing. She kept crying that she had lost her brother!! Oh, it breaks me heart, but I bet she will think twice about making sure her brother is with her at all times.

Are you done reading about my week yet? I am. At this point I was ready to go to bed and not wake up for a few days!! I think Heavenly Father knew I couldn't take much more. The last two days of the week were sunny and quiet. I guess as quiet as they can be with four kids and a busy house. We didn't lose anyone and nothing else broke. We are counting the small things!!My parents are coming tomorrow to help with the kitchen remodeling stuff. I sure hope that this next week goes better. I don't think I can handle another one like I just had.

See, now wasn't that just refreshing to read. I have crazy, down right hairy weeks too!! And you'll be glad to know I didn't strip and run down the middle of the road!! It is against the law ya know!! Getting arrested would have been a perfect ending to the week though!!

11 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Oh my gosh Aimee!!! I got the chills reading about the lost boys. How FREAKY!!!! I am so sorry it was such a hairy week! I suggest a stiff drink and taking this next week off! ;o)

Odd Family said...

That is everyone's worst nightmare!! I am so glad it had such a happy ending. It is nice to see that EVERYONE has CRAZY MESSY weeks, we are not alone in it. Hope this week brings calmer seas. I bet it will!:) Good luck on the remodeling!!

Colton said...

Hahaha...wow. That is crazy. This reminds me of a time that I went screaming down the street when my mom left me at the Eagar Post Office. I was traumatized. After a while you'll be able to laugh about this.

A*Waite said...

Oh Aimee, my heart just about fell out. I am glad that everyone was safe!

By the way I can't stand Best Buy, I always buy things from them that don't work.

May this week be sunny and wonderful!!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Oh my gosh! I totally got teary eyed thinking about the lost two boys. There is nothing like that feeling. All the "what if's", I am just so happy that it all turned out okay. Selfishly it does make me feel better knowing other people have rough days, it's not always as picture perfect as it appears sometimes.

Thanks for the email about the hospital out there. We ended up matching the next day, although it would have been fun to be out there with people we know.

Coleman Family said...

Sheesh! Great week alright. Next time call us and Dave can see what he can do for your computer! He just spent the last week saving Heather's pictures and music, what's another friend in need? :) glad you found the boys quickly, those situations are freaky!

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

I just want to know if I should bring up hair coloring to cover all that gray!! I am SO thankful they are safe and you can find some peace! Enjoy your mom and dad - say hi for us! Love you guys!

Frasier Family said...

Oh Aimee...what a week! I'll have to tell you about my ordeal a few weekends ago sometime. Things happen sometimes to remind us of how precious life is.

Vickie said...

I'm glad the boys were safe. I lost one of my boys for about half an hour and I remember that every time he is being a stinker. I'm just glad I have him.

Becky T said...

WOW! I'm sure it will take a while for you to relax after that experience. And I don't know if something is in the air or what, but I just read a very similar story from a gal who lives around here--her two sons escaped the backyard in their pajamas and went separate directions even. Crazy! So glad they were okay and that you made it through that week! :)

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

DAng girl!!! Ya I think it is time to turn over a new leaf...you have had your share of crazy hair days! Glad the little ones were o.k....so sscary! Love the picture of Lauren, perfect!