09 January 2011

{Lovely Locks}


Meysa has been growing her hair out for the last couple of years. She has been wanting to donate her golden locks to Locks of Love. We have been discussing with her what the hair is used for and she really likes the idea of letting someone have a chance to have a beautiful wig after they loose their hair from cancer treatments.

Ryan has been teasing her over the past few months about when she would cut her hair but she had stood firm about growing it more. Out of the blue yeaterday, Meysa stated she was tired of her long hair and 'wouldn't mind short hair.' I had also made the deal with her that I would trim my hair when she finally decided to cut her hair. (Ryan has also been 'pestering' me to cut my hair shorter)
So off to Fantastic Sams we went. Meysa wasn't hesitant at all, which I thought she might become as the reality of what she was doing would set in. Surprisingly she didn't bat an eye. She sat down in the chair and told Sheena, our beautician, what she was there for, to donate her hair to Locks of Love.
Sheena was a little surprised that Meysa wanted to cut that much of her hair off but she thought it was really cool. So she measured the 10 inches (the minimum requirement) and put the bands on.
Again I was expecting Meysa to get a little anxious or change her mind before Sheena cut her hair, but she didn't even flinch.
This was the only reaction I got from her and it was a split second, oh my goodness and then she smiled so big.
Lots of blonde locks to share with someone else.
Meysa loves this part of getting her hair cut, and Sheena did a little massage on her head while they were there. I think Meysa deserved it!!


Here is the brave girl after all the cutting and styling. I am so proud of Meysa for wanting to share her lovely locks with someone going through such a difficult time in their lives. She loves her hair cut and wants to grow it out again to donate. I love this girl to pieces!!!

I also got my hair cut but my before and after pics were hideous!! So you can just imagine a flirty, short haircut and then you will have imagined me!!!

9 comments:

Colton said...

It's a good thing she isn't donating to dentures of love, or those kids would really upset.

That was a joke...I just think kids losing their baby teeth are fun to tease.

And good for her! She still looks great with short hair, and she is making somebody's day! Or more like their year!

The Willis Wonder Years said...

What a sweet and gorgeous little girl you have! How brave to cut that much off an the be willing and wanting to do it again! But that hair will make someone feel so beautiful!! Her new cut is DARLING too! So it was a win-win situation! Go Meysa!!! Cant wait to see you new-do either! I bet it looks awesome!

Heather said...

so, i'm laughing so hard on colton's comment... a little true cause Nate even offered her $3 to rip that tooth out!!! :)

other than that, love her hair!!! wished i had hair like hers!! :)

Teresa / Andy said...

aw come on! At least post a pic of you and Meysa together with your new do's :)

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

So, so cute!! We're so proud of you, Meysa and love the new cut! You are a beautiful girl and have such a sweet spirit! We love you!

Frasier Family said...

That is so sweet. Really like her new hairdo too...very fitting of such a lovely young girl. I want to see pics of your new 'do too!!!

*Katie May* said...

That's sweet! Kiley has done that except I am bad and haven't sent it off.

Dawn said...

I knew Colton would leave a comment about her snaggley smile! That tooth is just hanging! Her hair is beautiful too!

RR said...

Her hair is so blonde and pretty!