10 February 2011

{Monkeys Jumping on the Bed}

My kids seem to have an inability to stay off of my bed. Especially after I have just made it. My bed isn't the best bed to jump on, it is a temperpedic and so there is no bounce. That doesn't seem to deter them at all. Instead of getting mad like I do 99% of the time when I catch them on my bed I decided to take pictures instead.
I got this one to be still for about a mili second before he was off to conquer the football. He had his first official tryout this last weekend. He gets to play kid pitch baseball this spring. He is currently reading to me a book called the 4th grade Rats, the gist of the book is that once you reach 4th grade it is time to be a man. As scary as it is that is just what this boy is doing. Slowly becoming a man before my eyes. I need more time.
Oh my, what am I going to do with this one? She is getting so big. She has a mind of her own and knows how to use it. The other day she came home from school with callus' on her hands from beating 4th graders into the dust on the tether ball court. I'm not exaggerating either. She is super competitive and doesn't back down from someone bigger than her, boy or girl. She isn't afraid to let you know what she is thinking on any given subject. She is reading so well and is good at math too. She got an award at school for her behavior. She is just an all around good kid.
This one has blossomed into a self assured kid. She has always been my quieter one, that kinda goes along with the flow of things. She is eating school up and relishing the fact that she goes to school. She can't wait to turn the big FIVE in a few months. Everything is ..."I'll do that when I'm 5" or "Can I do that or have that when I am 5?" My mind can't fully register the fact that she will actually be that old. She still fits in my arms for a good snuggle thanks to the fact that she is a little bug. I love it!!
This boy is giving me a run for my money. He is into everything, all the time. Going about a mile a minute and taking no prisoners. He has turned into the world's biggest tease and frequently makes his older sisters and even brother scream in exasperation. He LOVES to be outside in the rocks and sticks and thinks he is plenty old enough to be out with the big kids. He will not stay out of my kitchen. This morning I found him into the butter, salt and cinnamon bread, along with a measuring cup and measuring spoons. I am not sure what he was making. I can't wait till he is a little bit older and I can actually direct his enthusiasm into actually making something edible, then maybe I can take a break from the cooking.

I was able to keep the girls' attention a lot longer than the boys. They love being in front of the camera.
What a blessing these children are. My life sure would be empty without all the fighting, arguing, snotty noses, smiles, hugs and kisses. All the good with all the bad. That is what makes life oh so good.

8 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Kids can be frustrating for sure, but life would be so dull without them! Yours are such little honeys Aimee!

*Katie May* said...

Life would be dull :) Cute pics!

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Cute little monkeys on your bed!

Cook Family said...

boy they are getting big!

Heather said...

love the last picture!! so sweet.
my kids think my bed is a trampoline as well!! :) no more monkies on my bed though with new little sister!!!! :)

Colton said...

They're a pretty good bunch. I guess we'll let you keep 'em.

Greg and Margaret said...

I want to laugh, cry and hug them all at once! What precious gifts they are and what a precious set of parents they have! Love you guys to pieces ----trying hard not to think of June!

Teresa / Andy said...

Absolutely adorable - all of them.
Hopefully we get to see you all next weekend!