
About a week or so ago the youngest two and I got to go on a field trip to one of the local Fire Stations. Lauryn had been looking forward to this little outing and so had Wyatt, if not a little more so. Firefighter Eric gave us a tour of the whole facility from their kitchen to their laundry room and bedrooms. We also got to check out the workout room. But the best and most anticipated part of the tour was the TRUCKS!!!

The kids were enthralled as Firefighter Eric told them all about what the truck did and all the types of calls the guys get called out to.

Wyatt thought he was clearly big enough to stand with the class, and I wasn't about to argue with him.

The fun part came when the kids got the dress Firefighter Adam in his uniform. They told him in what order his gear had to go on and make sure he was ready to go out on a call.

Success the kids got his boots and pants on.

All ready to go. The gear weighs up to 100lbs. and with the hose they carry and other stuff it is over that. No wonder they have a workout room. These guys have to stay fit.

I love this picture if only because of the eye contact between firefighter Adam and Wyatt. They were reminding the kids that if there were ever a fire in their home and they saw a guy that looked like this to not be afraid and to go with him.

This was Lauryn's take on that idea. Sometimes the looks this girl gives...seriously!! She had a great time despite the look she has on her face. She talked about the trip for days afterward. I am really thankful for great guys who take the time from their busy
schedule to show the kids around. The kids had a great time.
2 comments:
love all the pictures!!! love her cute face too!!!! :)
being a fire fighter is my secret fav job..
1 on 2 off..1 on 4 off..I would so love that schedule.
We miss seeing you guys. I may have to drop by and see you.
Post a Comment