18 May 2011

{Five}

This little Miss turned the big 5 a week ago. I am late in posting and my only excuse for that is my brain right now is mush. To much info not enough space!! But I say better late than never, right? Lauryn woke up so ready to turn 5. For the last few months everything she wants to do or wanted to put off doing (like learning how to tie her shoes) was to be done when she turned five. Well the blessed day had finally arrived.
She couldn't wait to open her gifts (with the impatience of the older siblings as well) and so before she was even picture ready she opened up her present. She is our budding artist and loves to draw and paint. Even today she wore a red shirt over a yellow one because red and yellow make orange. She wasn't convinced that it didn't apply to clothing colors. So we thought an easel would be perfect for her. She also got paint and markers along with paper to draw to her little hearts content. Neither she nor I were anticipating how much older sis would love the thing too and there have been some tiffs over who it really belongs too. Note to self we needed two.
It was her "All about Me" day at school and so she got to bring cupcakes and milk for snack, bring her favorite story (Are you my Mother?) for Mom to read and her favorite song (and Inside Out song) to listen to. She pretty much got to be the Queen Bee and she loved it!!
When it is my kids' birthdays they get to pick out what we eat for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and what they want for their dessert. Well she wanted Chicken Nuggets and French Fries for Dinner and she wanted Pumpkin Pie for her dessert. I asked several times if she was sure she didn't want a cake and she was sure that she wanted a pumpkin pie with a 5 in the middle, oh yeah and with whip cream. So that is what she got!! I love that she has her own opinion and sticks to it.



I can't say how much I love and adore this little girl. She is spunky and sweet, lots of energy and lots of love. I am so thankful for her presence in our family. It truly wouldn't be the same without her. Happy Birthday Baby Girl, we love you!!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

i think i love her just as much as you do!! i am going to miss her soo much!! i could just eat her up!

HaPPY birthday little miss.

xoxo

*Katie May* said...

I cant believe she is five! So will she be starting kindergarten?

Heitmann Family said...

Yes!! Another thing I can't believe it is time for already. And it is all day to boot!!

Colton said...

Uhhh...so where's the whipped cream?

Happy birthday, Lauryn!

Hey, are you guys coming to the reunion this year by any chance?

Heitmann Family said...

Colton-
Sadly no we aren't going to make it to the reunion. We will be somewhere in West Virginia on our way to Maryland by the time the reunion starts. I am really bummed since the rest of my family will be going.
But we will be on the East coast so perhaps we can come down to sunny Florida to visit!!!

Odd Family said...

She is the cutest!! I really can't believe she is 5. Happy Birthday little miss!!!

Coleman Family said...

Ditto to what Heather said - we love Lauryn to pieces! She really is Hal's little twin!

RR said...

You kids are growing so fast!

RR said...

I need to have to change my blog before you leave..

OR NOT you do have to pack..I'm so rude!