
About a week ago Ryan and I made a trip out to Maryland to find a house to rent for our next adventure called fellowship. My angel of a mother watched our kids and we got a few days to ourselves. In addition to searching for rentals and filling out applications we did get to see some sights. The Washington DC temple is one of the sights we had to see. This will be the first time in our married life where we will be close (and I mean closer than 1.5-2 hrs) to a temple. Hopefully with it being closer and Ryan supposedly having better hours we can make it to the temple more often.

The US Capitol building. With an overwhelming amount to see in downtown DC, Ryan and I basically walked around and saw what there was to see and made mental notes of what we wanted to come back
to see another time, or actually another 50 times.

Washington Monument with Capitol in background.

The White House

The Lincoln Memorial

Oh yeah and this will be our humble abode for the next three years. We are glad that we have someplace to call home in Maryland. Now if we can just get our home here in Washington rented I think I might be able to breathe easier. T-minus 6 weeks till move time!!! Scary-
7 comments:
Amy you guys get to experience so many cool places through this whole med school path. And how fun you and Ryan got to go off on a mini-vacay and do a little sight-seeing!!! I'll keep y'all in my prayers to find awesome renters soon!
We couldn't be more happy for you.. yet we couldn't be more sad all at the same time! :)
Looks like a cute house! We are going to miss you all!
Congrats on your new adventure! We're of course sad, but so thrilled for you! :)
tears...sad...don't..want..to..think..about...it! We are so excited for you and we are looking at flights and time off as well!!! :D
I'm sad you're leaving!
What will heather do without you so near?
I love the DC area though. You'll get to take your kiddos all over the East Coast..NYC, Boston, etc.
What a great adventure!!
Lots to see and do there...hope we can come visit next summer! :)
Post a Comment