09 May 2011

{Papa's Pal}

To finish up our time in Idaho for Spring Break I needed to post these pictures of Wyatt down with Papa checking on one of the new babies. Wyatt had "needed" (he was bored and making life misrable for everyone else) to go for a walk so he and I went off down the hill to see what we could see and we found Papa working in the corral checking on the new mama cow and her baby. Well Wyatt had to be where Papa was.
Up on the fence he went like he had been doing it all of his life. He started jabbering to the baby calf and thinking it was pretty cool to be down with Papa.
This mama was not so sure about us hanging around.
I wanted to get a closer look and so I traipsed through mud and muck to get up close and personal. Mama didn't like me being so close and started literally growling at me. Baby was curious but the look on his face seems to be saying "back off ."
Once we had sufficiently bugged the mama cow and her baby it was time to head up the hill. Of course Wyatt got to hitch a ride on his dear Papa. What a luck kid to have a Papa like that!!

No comments: