Ryan has been at me for years, and I mean years to learn how to play the game of cribbage. It is a game that is played with gusto on his side of the family. His Papa will play anyone for quarters, and he usually is the one coming away holding the money. It is a game I had never heard of until I married into the family. There are phrases like, fifteen-two, fifteen-four, and so on. It sounds like code for something to me!!! Well we just recently upgrade our phones to the smart ones and Ryan was happy to find a cribbage game that was a free app. Well what do you know, instead of me learning how to play cribbage, he is targeting the younger generation. They are eating it up!! Meysa snuggled up next to him on the couch getting the finer points of how to play. Ayden listened to the instruction as well and then commandeered my phone and was playing it as well. Ryan installed the game on my phone in hopes that I would learn to play since it was just a click away. Sadly, I haven't lived up to his expectations. There is hope though with our kids, just another reason I am glad I had them. Good daddy time is a good thing too!!

4 comments:
I love cribbage. I learned to play it while doing service at funeral homes in Canada. We play it all the time on river trips. Although I'm not sure that I would like an electronic version, because then you don't get to call "Muggins!"
You are inspiring! I need to start my beef...I just need some time to do it. :) My kids love Top Shot too, it is a favorite along with myth busters. Tell everybody hi for me! Love you all!
Love it! Yea, I will now have the grandkids to beat me!
Fun daddy time...they need that (and so do you!) :) I don't think I'd do well with a "smart" phone...it would be smarter than me and I can't have that! :) Where on earth did you get 120 lbs of chicken??? I wouldn't have room in my house for all of it.
Post a Comment