Can you guess who Ayden is portraying? I'll give you a hint, he won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964. He led the March on Washington in 1963. He gave the famous "I have a Dream" speech. We get a day off in January every year because of him. Figure it out yet?
Today was the end of a long month of research, writing, and practicing for Ayden. The fifth graders put on a wax museum in honor of African American History month. They were assigned a famous African American to research and study. They then had to write up a speech and memorize it and prepare themselves to look like the person they had researched. During the wax museum they get to recite their prepared speeches over and over again each time someone steps on their "button". I got there in the beginning before it got all crazy busy with the 3rd and 4th graders coming through. Ayden did well and only had to glance down a few times to look at his note cards. I took a video of it but there were so many other people talking that it is hard to hear Ayden but you can see he did a good job. The wax museum was to last about an hour. I wonder how many times Ayden had to recite his speech. He should pretty much have it down pat by now. Good job Ayden!!!

2 comments:
Here in Ohio the 4th graders do a wax museum and Emma is going to be Betsy Ross. It must be an "east coast" thing. I think it's neat. Way to go Ayden!
Love the picture!! Good job Ayden!!:))
Post a Comment