08 June 2012

{Eleven}


Our Ayden turned the BIG Eleven yesterday!!  Really I am in denial.  How could my first born be on the cusp of teenagehood (I totally just made that word up :)?  He is starting MIDDLE SCHOOL in three months and I am continually finding grey hairs.  Those are the hallmarks of a Mom of an almost teenager.  How can that be?!!  
Ayden is more than ready to move on up the age ladder.  Much to our dismay!  He has grown a lot this last year.  Moving to a new place and handling that well, being the new kid in school, earning his Arrow of Light award in Scouts, learning to play the trumpet, the list could go on and on.  What a treasure he is in our family!!  Like any almost tween we have moments where we want to ship him off to Timbuktu but on the whole he is helpful, funny and irreplaceable.  
He wanted a party this year and since he hasn't had one since he was I think 7 (yeah I am a great mom), I thought it was about time he had another one.  Thankfully he is easy to please, he had four friends come over and they played in the slip-n-slide, jumped on the tramp, ate homemade pizza and Frosty's, and of course put Legos together.  They were happy and I was happy!!  Happy Birthday Ayden Tyler, we love you!!!
 Since he is moving up to 11yr old scouts we thought it was time to start collecting all the camping gear he will need for the next few years.  Ryan, being in the Young Mens,  needed some stuff as well for when he goes on camp outs and hikes with the boys.  So they s got some backpacking packs and headlamps (Ryan is modeling Ayden's pack above).  Then Ayden got some books and his very own iPod shuffle (so he will leave mine alone).    All in all I think a great birthday for a great kid!!




Yummy Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes.  I like getting to try new recipes.  Ayden was more than ok with cupcakes and not a cake!!

Good Friends having a good time!!  Happy Birthday Ayden!!

7 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

thanks for letting me have the party mom , i love you very much.

ayden

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Happy birthday Ayden! Its weird to think he was just 8 when we first met your family! Time goes way too fast!! He is such a good kid!

Frasier Family said...

I was just thinking the other day that Ayden's birthday must be coming up because I remember you and Ryan at our wedding (10 years ago) talking about him celebrating his 1st birthday shortly after our wedding. :) Happy Birthday kiddo! You have such wonderful kids Aimee...you ARE a great mom! :) (Ryan too!!...a dad, I mean.)

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

Happy Birthday, Ayden! I do remember that very first birth day and am so proud of you! You are special! Love you lots!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

I dont think it saved my comment....can't wait to see you guys!!!

RR said...

The cupcakes look amazing..

You're too young to have a kid 11..love the pictures of the friends

Heather said...

I'm totally cracking up b/c I thought to myself Wow, Aimee is right... Ayden looks so grown up in these first couple pictures... Then I kept scrolling down & thought yes, there is the kid I remember!!! It's a compliment trust me! We miss him around here! Happy birthday A-dog!!