17 August 2012

{Four}

I know some of you who follow my blog (all two of you) have probably given up on me.  Assuming that because I haven't posted anything in almost two months, I was either dead or my computer had imploded.  Lucky for me, neither of those assumptions are true!!  I merely have been out of town visiting family on the West Coast for the last 5 or so weeks (as I type this I have been home just a week).  I have nearly 3000 pictures to go through before I start posting about that wonderful adventure.  But I had to post about a very recent event, even if that means the things I post about will be out of order.
 My "baby" turned FOUR two days ago.  Come on, where has the time gone?  I remember being in the hospital waiting to dilate and watching the Olympics (specifically women's gymnastics) and now just like that the child that I had yet to give birth to is FOUR.  I cried a little to be honest.  Each stage that he grows out of is a little bitter sweet.  Bitter because he is the last, no more babies after him, but sweet because the stages I don't like (such as potty training and teething) I don't have to experience again!!   
 Wyatt had to endure the yearly pictures for Mom.  It is hard having a mom that is crazy about pictures!  When I asked him to show me how old he was he proudly put up three fingers.  When I told him that he was officially four, so he needed four fingers, I got this look.  Apparently he isn't technically FOUR until he blows the candle out on his cake.  News to me, but he wasn't going to be persuaded otherwise.  So he was three for almost a whole extra day.  
 Once we got over that hurdle he finally gave me a smile!!  What a cheeser!!
 He officially has outgrown the little kid bike that all of our kids have used.  Ok, maybe the bike got ran over by the van, that I may or may not have been driving.  I keep telling the kids to keep the bikes in the garage, but they never listen!! :)  So with the death of that little bike Wyatt didn't have anything to ride around, except for Meysa's scooter.  So we thought it was the perfect time for him to have his own bike.
 He is one happy little camper.  He has been riding it practically non-stop for the last three days!  He is continuously saying, "watch me mom, I can go really fast!"  And boy can he.  He is tearing up the street!!  


 Papa Don got him his own scooter too, which he loves.  Now he doesn't have to borrow Meysa's!!  He has been going back and forth between the bike and the scooter.  He loves having more than one mode of transportation.  This kid is going places, you just wait and see!


 Now finally comes the official part of the day.  He wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with sprinkles and a number FOUR on top.  I aim to please and he was happy with the finished product.  
 I love watching him while we sing to him.  He tries really hard to not smile but he just can't help himself.  

 And here is the moment that we have all been waiting for....he is officially FOUR.  With the extinguishing of the flame he says goodbye to being "baby three" and says hello to being "big boy four"!! 
Yup it is official!!  Happy Birthday Wyman, we don't know what we would do without you in our lives!!

6 comments:

Odd Family said...

I really can't believe he is 4. When we first moved here, I remeber meeting you for the first time in the nursery while you were prego with him. Crazy! Happy Birthday Wyatt! You are such a cutie!

Becky T said...

FOUR?! I can't believe this! He is such a heartbreaker, Aimee! What a cutie!

Colton said...

Fortunately, Google reader tells me when you update your blog so that I don't have to check it all the time.

And now I desperately want some birthday cake. This is all your fault.

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Looks like he had a great day! Such cute Pics!!

Heather said...

Love you Wy! HB!! Miss your stinkin cute face!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

I love the first picture of him on his bike with his helmet he is a doll. Can't wait to see all the pics of your vacation.