I have been home from our summer trip for three weeks and I am now just starting to post about it. Sorry family far away that have been waiting. The first week back was crazy getting back on East coast time, putting everything away and gearing up for Ryan's Dad and Stepmom to come visit for a week. The second week we played with Grandma and Grandpa and this last week was the first week back to school for the kids. You would have thought this last week I should have been able to get to the blog but amazingly there were always more pressing matters to attend to!! I needed to edit family pictures that I took while back in Idaho first and then I felt like I could tackle FIVE weeks of fun in pictures!! Bear with me as I try to blog about some of the fun we had while we soaked up our family.

Grandma and Grandpa Finch got a new trampoline this summer and the kids loved sleeping out under the stars. The boys did it pretty regularly which was nice for us!! We didn't have to listen to them wrestle and be twits instead of going to bed like they should.
When we had our good friends from Washington come over for a few days, even little Wyatt and Garret slept out one night with the bigger girls. The girls were pretty proud of themselves for making it on the trampoline for the whole night. So were we!!
It was a Heitmann/Miller kid reunion. Our dear friends from Washington State came over to Lewiston to be with us for a few days. The kids were in heaven getting to see their best friends again. I think the "farm" was a bit of a shock to them but they seemed to enjoy it all the same. Thanks Heather for making the trek over our way!!
Lauryn doesn't have a partner in crime in the Miller family so while we were taking snapshots she decided to become a monkey. She could scale the post on the porch quicker than you could say hot diggity!! She was pretty proud of her accomplishment as you can so plainly see. It probably helps that she weighs practically nothing.
Wyatt thought he would try it, but didn't get too far though. :)
Right after our friends left the boys (Uncle Andy, Papa, and the older boys from several families) went camping. Porter my nephew had worked hard to fix some of the three wheelers that have been around since the the days of Adam it seems and he wanted to go camping and three wheeling for his 13 birthday. The other boys were happy that was what he wanted. They had a great time out in the woods, riding around, eating foil dinners and skinny dipping in a pond. I think skinny dippin' was their favorite part!!
Ayden loved having cousins around that were his age. That was one of the biggest reasons I wanted to go home this summer. Being so far away, my kids miss out on building relationships with their extended family and I wanted there to be enough time for memories to be made and friendships to be built. Thankfully I think that happened!!
While the boys were away, the girls played!! Meysa was in heaven with older girl cousins to do hair and nails!! A girl's dream come true!!
And we felt safe knowing we had Batman to save us if something went wrong!! Even the little guys got to know one another better!!
That was just the first week. Up next go carts, applesauce and Couer de' Alene Lake.
2 comments:
So fun to see your blog and the great pictures!
Oh this makes me miss you all over again!!! Yes, total shock! I realized I'm a city girl through & through!! Lol:))
Love you!
Post a Comment