12 November 2012

{Lego Master}



Ayden has been a Lego junkie for a while now.  Like since he was 4 or 5.  He inherited a ton of Legos from that his Grandpa and Great Aunt had kept from when Ryan was little.  He has always enjoyed building and tinkering with his abundance of multi colored pieces.  Just over a week ago now, Ayden took on the task of replicating the Washington D.C. temple.  We love that place and my children especially love going to enjoy the Visitor's Center and grounds (youth starting at age 12 can go inside the temple to do temple work).

It was a Sunday afternoon and Ayden sequestered himself inside his bedroom to work on his project.  Away from prying younger siblings and sticky little fingers that continually move pieces.  Occasionally he would come out for food and drink, but honestly he was serious about getting this thing built, and we didn't see much of him at all.  Finally he came down and proudly declared that it was finished.  Ryan and I were so impressed with how true to scale it is.  The walls aren't quite as tall but that is alright.  I think my favorite part is the Angel Moroni.  Standing proudly atop the spire.  I hope Ayden remembers how important the temple truly is.  It is where families become forever families and where we make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father.  Ayden only has 7 months until he too can go and experience the abounding peace that comes from being in the temple.

So our own version of the temple sits on our mantel.  I hope to keep it there for a while longer, just to remind us of what the important stuff in our lives should be!!


The kids on the Temple grounds, Summer 2011

5 comments:

Anjuli said...

Wow!! That is awesome! I need to show Colin maybe he can be inspired.

A*Waite said...

That is pretty awesome!! I love the smiley corner stone and Moroni! I am really impressed!

Heather said...

Love!!!!

Heather said...

Love!!!!

RR said...

that is really precious!!