01 November 2012

{Halloween 2012}


We survived Hurricane Sandy.  That is two hurricanes in two years.  I am afraid for what comes next year.  All joking aside, we are so very thankful to have weathered the storm safe and sound.  I think I have a little guilt at how unaffected we were when there are so many around us that had their lives turn upside down.  Again, we are so grateful.

On Sunday when we were getting the latest reports on what to expect for our area during the hurricane and finding out that the kids had school cancelled for Monday and Tuesday, I wasn't sure if Halloween was going to happen for us this year.  We could have been like New Jersey and had to move it to another day.  Thankfully our neighborhood had power and the kids turned out in full force last night.  My kids were already supped up on sugar from their Halloween parties at school so we figured why not add insult to injury and got trick or treating too.  Ayden was a Mad Scientist, but at school everyone thought he was Einstein.  Meysa was going to be a Rodeo Queen, but wanted freckles too so she looks more like a regular cowgirl.  Lauryn was a Pop Star, perfect for her personality.  Wyatt was going to be a frog, but once we got to the store he chose Buzz Lightyear instead.

We met up with our neighbors and headed off to canvas a few streets around our home.  We live in such a great neighborhood.  So family friendly with lots of kids.  I took the kids out and Ryan stayed home to answer the door and pass out candy.  About 45 minutes after the kids and I left Ryan texted me saying I needed to hurry home, he was out of candy.   I only buy two bags of candy a year, they are the big ones mind you but in this neighborhood they go fast!  We have, in the past, gotten home from trick or treating ourselves and quickly gone through our candy loot and culled out the candy we like and put the less desirable candy back in the bowl to be passed out.  When that is gone we are officially done with passing out candy.  That is what we did again this year.  Now I want to make it clear that the candy we don't like isn't bad stuff, just not to our liking.  I think in light of how the week started our Halloween was a good one.

We woke up to the month of November and I for one can't believe that we are almost done with 2012!!  There is still so much to do in the last two months though and so we will continue to be busy, busy!









Happy Halloween!!

4 comments:

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Darling!! Once again so glad everyone was safe through the hurricane. Your kids are darling what a good little mommy you are. I bought a huge bag of candy and only got one tricker or treater!!

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Im so glad you guys are okay!! Your kids are adorable and their costumes are fantastic!!

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

So fun for you!!! I still think Daphne was a great costume for you-know-who!!!

Coleman Family said...

So happy you guys got through Sandy ok! What a blessing! And your kids as usual are super adorable in their costumes...and so BIG! It's amazing how fast kids grow in just 1 1/2 years!