14 June 2013

{Last Day of School}

It is here!  The last day of school.  Phew, I think we barely made it.  Although yesterday evening after I broke up the 50th fight between the kids I began to question my excitement for summer to be here.  Do I really want them home ALL day, EVERY day?  I think we have enough going on this summer that we won't be sitting around staring at each other all day.  We have summer school, baseball camp, scout camp, art camp, the pool.  I think we will be fine.  The kids are excited for summer to begin so they can sleep in (me too).  We have planned to have Friday night movie nights, lots of library trips and a few days spent at the beach.  

Here is a wrap up of the kids' school year....


Ayden finished his first year of middle school with flying colors.  He excelled in his classes and was a great student.  He is looking forward to 7th grade, and not being the youngest at the school anymore.  His plans this summer are to enjoy his first scout camp, learn a ton at baseball camp and get a good tan at the pool.


Meysa had a great 3rd grade year.  She is a great kid, who loves school and it shows in her work.  She is excelling in her studies and the staff at school love her.  She got several end of the year awards, including one  for music, academics and citizenship!!  This chicka is preparing for her National Youth Scholars Program camp in July, and tearing up the library this summer.


Lauryn had a great year again this year.  Next year she will be the oldest at her school, which is hard to believe.  She loved her teacher this year and met every milestone plus some this year in her academics.  She again showed she has some artistic talents in her art class and is a great writer!!  She plans on working on her swimming skills at the pool and enjoying some fun summer school.  She gets to show Wyatt around school so he is ready for Kindergarten in the Fall.


This little man rocked Preschool!!  We did it at home and about a month in I realized the curriculum that I had purchased wasn't going to be enough for him.  We still had fun with it and we supplemented with other things to keep him engaged.  Not only does he know his letters and their sounds, he is reading.  He knows his numbers 1-100 and all the other essentials for starting Kindergarten.  He too will be enjoying Summer School, a free program the district puts on for the month of July.  I think it will be a good transition from home to public school.  Lauryn will be with him and he gets to ride a bus and eat lunch at school.  All really cool things!! :)  He too will be working on his swimming skills and reading a lot this summer.

This was my last year with any kids at home.  I am officially moving in to the next phase of motherhood.  I am sad but excited too.  Here is to a great summer filled with fun, reading and sleeping in!! :)

4 comments:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

Boy 9 months flew by! Great pics - love these!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

I love that you think you'll really get to sleep in. ha ha I love your posts they make me want to be a better mom. I was wondering about the preschool curriculum you bought. Could you give me more info on that? Miss your guts

Heitmann Family said...

The preschool stuff I got is called The Learning Box Preschool. I loved it! It comes with each month's materials ready for you, all you have to do is teach. I got the three day a week and I probably could have gotten the five day a week for Wyatt. I would recommend it.

Frasier Family said...

Wow...neat to see how much the kids have grown in the pictures. I too will have both my kiddos in school next fall (at least 3 mornings to myself). We're looking forward to some camping and LOTS of days spent at the aquatic center! Enjoy your summer! Let me know if you head out this way at all. :)