26 June 2013

{Summer}

Summer is in full swing around our house.  As I type this the kids are on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath.  That is a sure sign of summer.  I do have a few things though to post to catch up from the end of school year.  I kinda like doing these posts where I play catch up and share little snippets of our life.  I recently got a new phone that has a much better camera in it than my last one.  I can capture better pictures on the go which adds more tidbits!!  So here we go...


Meysa and Lauryn had their Spring piano recital on the last day of school.  Meysa has come so far in one year of piano.  She is a natural and she loves it.  Lauryn did really well too.  She has only been taking lessons since January.  We are waiting for her to catch the bug and take it a bit more seriously but in typical Lauryn fashion, it has to be her idea.  We are taking a month off this summer and hopefully when we get back at it she will be ready.


Now talk about natural.  Lauryn is Gumby in girl form and everything gymnastics comes really easy.  She had her show week last week where she got to show us the routines that she has been working on since January.  She did awesome and had a great time!!



Ryan was promoted a few weeks ago to Major!  So proud of him!!


The boys practiced some pitching drills at the school one night.  Ayden is a lefty, so in baseball that limits the positions he will likely play.  But, one position he can play is pitcher and that is right up his Dad's alley.  He is signed up for a baseball camp next month, should be fun!!


We have been having some funky weather as of late.  Lots of thunderstorms and severe weather.  On this particular afternoon, there were tornadoes a few miles north of us and we had severe thunderstorms.  So we huddled in our basement.  The kids could tell it was a whopper of a storm so we tried to take their mind off the wind and rain by watching a movie.  It seemed to work.
 

Wyatt is reading.  Not just a few words, but whole books.  He can read Green Eggs and Ham, Ten Apples up on Top, and Biscuit.  He is pretty proud of himself.


The two youngest kids had a really weird rash that the Dr's thought were hives but they were liquid filled.  They had them in between their fingers, arms and on their faces.  I didn't know hives could be liquid filled but whatever.  It is pretty much gone and now we have peeling fingers from the dried out "hives".   Lots of fun!!



We have been thoroughly enjoying our pool pass so far this summer.  These two have taken off with their swimming.


Putting my kids to work.  They love pizza poppers so I had them help fix dinner the other night!!


Ayden had his gear check last Friday for scout camp.  He had to get pretty strategic in his packing to make sure he could get everything he needed into his pack.


When you play hard you sleep hard.


It was too early for humans to be up, but alas I was up and sending the Men off to scout camp.  From the texts I have been getting from Ryan, they are having fun!!


The girls are attending an art camp a few days a week.  Today, Wyatt and I hung out at Chick-Fil-A enjoying some ice cream!!


My little shadow!!  Such a little man child!!

There you have it.  A little catch up on the tidbits of life around these parts!!

2 comments:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

Makes me miss all of you!!! I'm ready for a trip east! Love you guys!

RR said...

It is so hard blogging these days..
I'm trying to stay with it..

Love the catch up! There's a lot going on over there!