Wow back to school already?!! That may have been one of the fastest moving summers I can remember. We had a ton of fun and we are sad to see it end. But I think we are ready to get back into the swing of things around these parts. This year is a big year for our little family. Our baby had reached the ripe old age of 5 and is ready as all get out to go to Kindergarten.
That means I am all alone at home during the day. The last time that happened was over 12 years ago. Holy cow!! It feels weird because I don't have someone needing my attention all day, everyday. It also feels glorious don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed going grocery shopping without having a whiny child try to put fifty boxes of Fruit Loops in the cart. It is the small things I tell ya.
Enough about me, how about we get onto the kiddos!!

This young man is a 7th Grader this year. Seriously hold the phone!! No way can he be this old!! He is taking a full load of advanced classes and he is excited to be back with his friends. He is such a good kid. Really thankful for him!!
We didn't get any pictures of him with his teachers because 1) he is way too old for that and 2) it would be absolutely mortifying to have your mother follow you around all day to all your classes just to get pictures of your teachers. So we will have to use our imagination!!


Meysa is a big 4th Grader this year. Her teacher is Ms. Conley, who we thought was a new teacher to the school because we didn't recognize her name, but she just got married over the summer!! Meysa also has one of her best friends in her class this year. It was the icing on the cake for the year to start off that way. Meysa loves school and was really excited to get back into learning!!


Lauryn is the oldest now at her school. Hard to believe it but she is. Her teacher is Mrs. Mebane, who happened to be Meysa's second grader teacher. Mrs. Mebane was also Lauryn's summer school teacher so Lauryn was happy to get her for the entire year. Lauryn was excited to start school. She loves to learn!!


This little man has been dreaming of this day for the last two years. He was ready to go to school when he was three. He has been humoring my attempt at teaching him the basics in preschool this last year. All of which he already knew. He was very prepared to start kindergarten, except for learning to tie his shoes. We didn't get that skill mastered. I figured though since he learned to ride is bike before kindergarten and his siblings didn't, it is a fair trade!! He'll get it eventually!!
His teacher this year is Ms. Wright. She is super nice and he says he loves her already. He has two kids in his class that are in our neighborhood and they were also in his summer school class. He was excited very about that. I am so glad that he loves school and is excited to go. It makes it fun for me too!!
I am happy to say that there were no tears shed by either one of us on the first day. Maybe a little heart string tug for me but only for a minute as I watched him walk onto the bus. He is my "baby" no longer. Darn kids keep growing up!!


Here's to a happy and productive school year!!



6 comments:
cutest kids & I misss them!!!!!
love ya
Wow, I remember the first pictures of Ayden in kindergarten! Enjoy your time....what fun for you!
Cute Aimee! Totally get ya on going grocery shopping alone! I went to Walmart after I dropped the boys off at school and was in and out in 30 minutes!!! Here's to ONLY getting what's on our list and not having to fight with our kids...or other grocery shoppers on the weekends! Ya hoo! :)
How did this happen?! Seriously can not believe you are home alone during the day. So crazy! You were prego with Wyatt when I met you. Time is flying.:( Bitter sweet!!
Wyatt's in kindergarten?!!! time is a flyin' lady! We miss you guys!
your kids pictures were so great! Ugh..wish we could kick it during the day.
Happy School Year!
Post a Comment