28 August 2013

{Last of the Summer Fun}


We just started school a few days ago.  It was such a good summer and it seemed to go by too fast.  Yet...on the other hand we were really ready for the routine and schedule that school brings.  We got lucky and for the last week of summer vacation we had our Uncle Austin out for a visit!!  Oh how we loved having him around, he is so much fun!!  On Monday we headed down to the Mall to show Austin the sights.  The kids hadn't been to the Lincoln Memorial yet so that was our goal for the day. To walk down to the monument and check out the war memorials along the way.  We gave each of the kids a camelbak and off we went.  The kids did really well with all the walking.  We were downtown for the entire day and they walked all the way.  Wyatt had to pee all the time because he was continually drinking his water.  I think about an hour in it was all gone.  Ayden was happy for the most part, the other parts (where he had to stop and take pictures) not so much.  We love him anyways!!  The girls were their happy selves and so fun to hang with.

One new thing for me this trip downtown was the Korean War Memorial.  I thought I had seen it but actually I hadn't.  I loved the simple message that the memorial invited each of us to remember.  Freedom isn't free.  It has to maintained, paid and sacrificed for.  Such a good reminder!!  The weather cooperated and it was overcast and not too hot.  It ended up being a wonderful way to start Austin's visit to D.C.!!
Up next Ocean City and the beach!!





















No comments: