
I like doing these catch-ups!! Sometimes I forget the pictures that I capture with my phone and it is always fun to see the small glimpses of real life. Some of these are from last year but I love them. So they make the cut!!
I have really enjoyed getting the chance to more regularly help in the kids' classrooms. On this particular day I got to help Lauryn's class build gingerbread houses. It was a messy but fun job!!

We made the annual trek to the temple to see the Christmas lights. We got lucky this year and the weather was amazing, as you can tell in the picture of us. We were in short sleeves and we enjoyed it immensely. I love coming here each year. It helps remind me of the real reason for the season. Our Savior Jesus Christ, he is the reason we celebrate each and every year!!



My kids are notorious for snagging my phone and taking photos and videos of themselves. If I can figure out how to add video, I will. Some are priceless. Boy do we have some dramatic kids!!

Well slap us across the face why don't ya Winter!! Not long after Christmas we got hit with freezing temps. No short sleeves in sight!! We look like we are headed to the North Pole instead of the bus stop!

We had the opportunity to tour the US Capitol building early in January. We also toured the Pentagon the same day but you aren't allowed to take pictures of the building at all. Inside or Out. It was a really rainy day so we didn't get the chance to see the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial (which you can get pictures of) so we are going to have to go back on a nicer day to see that.
The Capitol tour was really fun, the kids got to participate and they thought was cool. The picture below is Wyatt and Lauryn standing on the center point of Washington DC.



Each state gets to put inside the Capitol building two statues of people that represent their state. This is Brigham Young, for the state of Utah.

By this point the tour was almost over and the kids were hungry. Don't let their faces fool you though, they loved it!!

Looking up into to the dome of the Capitol building.

Lauryn got a much needed haircut. She looks so darling with her short bob!!

Our kids rarely get to play their DS's. It was the weekend (when they can have screen time) and they had gotten all their chores done, their pj's on and teeth brushed so I busted them out of their locked hiding place. They got one hour and they felt like all was right in the world again!

This kid shoveled our sidewalks after one of our snow falls. He is getting old enough to be a real help to me. Love that!

Went on a field trip with my girl!!

Attended an awards ceremony for Meysa the other day. She is a wonderful student and makes us proud.

Enjoying one of our snow days playing games. Ayden is pretty cool, no?!!
Until the next catch-up......
No comments:
Post a Comment