Ayden is finally riding without his training wheels. He is a funny kid. For the longest time he has been asking for us to take off the training wheels and then once we do, he decides that it may not be such a great idea. So we raised them up a bit so when he was riding he still had to balance somewhat. When I didn't hear the training wheels scratching along the road I told him it was time to take them off completely. He replied with just one more day, please!! Well that day came and he crashed a few times and wanted to give up. He said he would never, never ride again!! Well I made him get back up on the "horse" and try again and again. Next he had to conquer the starting and stopping. That took him a few more days and a few more "I'll never ride ever again." But he finally got the hang of things and he loves to ride his bike now. He told me the other day that he was proud of himself for learning to ride his bike. To think if I had let him give up!!!
16 July 2007
Look Mom no training wheels!!
Ayden is finally riding without his training wheels. He is a funny kid. For the longest time he has been asking for us to take off the training wheels and then once we do, he decides that it may not be such a great idea. So we raised them up a bit so when he was riding he still had to balance somewhat. When I didn't hear the training wheels scratching along the road I told him it was time to take them off completely. He replied with just one more day, please!! Well that day came and he crashed a few times and wanted to give up. He said he would never, never ride again!! Well I made him get back up on the "horse" and try again and again. Next he had to conquer the starting and stopping. That took him a few more days and a few more "I'll never ride ever again." But he finally got the hang of things and he loves to ride his bike now. He told me the other day that he was proud of himself for learning to ride his bike. To think if I had let him give up!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awwww..Hannah has already asked to take off her training wheels and it was a DISASTER! Had to put them back on! I couldn't run fast enough to hold onto her! haha Hope your having fun! Tell Ayden Congrats!!
How fun! I can't wait to teach KIley
That is sooo great! I just hope the same thing doesn't happen when he starts to drive--lol!
Congrats to Ayden. Emma is completely hooked on her training wheels and Brady thinks riding his bike means pushing it everywhere. He refuses to pedal - he just won't do it!
Stacy
Yeah Ayden! I love the picture! They always feel sooo good about themselves when they conquer "The bike!!"
YAY! for Ayden! That's awesome. I can't believe he's big enough to be riding his bike all by himself! What a fun story!
Post a Comment