11 July 2008

Saving for...braces!!

So yesterday I took all three kids in for their 6 month check up at the dentist!! Thankfully my kids like going and aren't afraid of the dentist like most kids are. Ayden told everyone about all our family secrets and Meysa added her own tid bits. So by the time Lauryn and I came back for her very first appointment the whole staff knew everything about the Heitmann family. Pretty funny!! Anyway, everyone had a good check up and no cavities were found but the recurring theme was, BRACES!! Even for Lauryn! Obviously not now but he could tell from Ayden and Meysa's x-rays that they don't have room for their mammoth permanent teeth!! Their perm. teeth are at least double the size of their baby teeth!! So Ryan and I have decided that we should probably start a braces fund since more than likely the baby in the oven will need them too. I am blaming Ryan for this. He had braces, I never did!!!

12 comments:

*Katie May* said...

You have nice straight teeth for no braces thats great. Hopefully the one in the oven ill inherit your mouth :)

Ashley said...

I had braces for at least 4 years. My vision is -6.0, which is horrible, I'm blind with glasses, amongst other things. Logan got cavaties all the time growing up, even though the man will literally brush and floss for 10 minutes, at least. I'm always in bed before him because of this. And our kids will probably come out at least 6' tall, from birth. I can imagine the doctors still pulling the kid out of me......genetically we probably shouldn't even try to have kids...haha. Good thing braces can fix crooked teeth though, right? .

Ashley said...

Oh and bytheway, So funny about Ayden & Meysa telling your family secrets..haha. That's pretty cute!

Lani said...

If I were you, I'd find an orthodontist and see if he will give you a 4 for 3 deal because braces for four will be enough to put a nice downpayment on a house or purchase a really nice family vehicle....

Colton said...

Lucky for me, I inherited a HUGE mouth. I didn't even have to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I guess that must be why I'm SO wise.

Lani said...

Colton, the key word is that you haven't had to have your wisdom teeth pulled YET :) Most people won't have problems with their wisdom teeth until they are in their 3-5th decade of life and then the surgery is sooooooooo much more "painful" than if you were a little pre-missionary :) No pressure though....

Debbi said...

argh, no fun. I had braces and then retainers for ever. I love your new background. We leave in a few weeks to your neck of the woods! We have an apartment in Tacoma (around University Place area?)

Robyn said...

Oh boy, I think we're going to be starting the fun as well. They all got my tiny mouth and way too many big teeth.
How's your pregnancy going?

Dawn said...

good luck with that. I had mine for 3 1/2 years. Almost the entire time I was in high school. Got them off just in time for senior pics. It think it'll be a toss up for each of our kids. We'll see.

Dawn said...

And I have a secret spiller too, isn't it wonderful??

Alison said...

Ha! We actually talk about braces already, too. I am sure Jack will have to have them (even his baby teeth are crooked). Every one in Jeff family had them and I never did either...I guess that is just the luck of the draw :)

Heather said...

That stinks that you already know that your kids are all going to have braces. I think Kimberli is heading down that path with the huge spaces between them. Your kids are really open and friendly to everyone. That is great that they were telling everyone all your family stuff.