24 July 2008

The Next Food Network Star

My poor children, they are warped into thinking that the only good shows on the TV are cooking shows. They know that when mom is watching a food show that I am not to be interrupted. They also are good guinea pigs for all the new recipes that I want to try out. So what else would Ayden do on a sunny summer day but come up with his own recipe for a quick summer salad. WARNING: only for the mature palate!!

Chef Ayden's Fiatha Summer Salad
In medium size bowl combine the following...

1 handful of grapes, cut in half
2 handfuls of shredded cheese
2 stalks of celery, cut into bitesize pieces
1 apple, cored and cut into quarters, then cut lengthwise
2 slices of ham, sliced
5 baby carrots cut up
2 tsp. sugar
Garlic powder to taste
Ground black pepper to taste

Stir well and chill until ready to serve.

Chef Ayden with his own creation. He chose all the ingredients himself and cut everything by himself as well.
Doesn't it look appetizing? I think it will be a great side dish for our Manicotti tonight!!

You never know he could be the next Emeril. I can't wait for Ryan to come home and try it. Maybe I'll post pics of everyone trying it out at dinner tonight. Got to love kids and their imaginations.

8 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Ha ha , ummm looks yummy! :0

Colton said...

Is Ayden old enough to read? Do I have to be nice?

I can say that if you sorted those ingredients better, you could make two very nice salads.

Dawn said...

Oh yummy. This is where it's fun to get dad's expression on camera because he has to try it so he won't hurt Aiden's feelings!

M & S Eagar said...

Emma and Brady love watching The Next Food Network Star with me! They're pretty good Rachael Ray watchers too! I seriously watch more Food Network programs than any other network!

Ayden's salad looks like a perfect side dish.

How are you feeling?

Robyn said...

I'm impressed! So how did everyone like it?

Heather said...

Mmmm...that salad sure looks good. That is great that he is interested enough to experiment like that.

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Well I am sure he had fun making it anyway! :)

Camille said...

So did anyone ever try Ayden's creation? One of Isaac's favorite shows to watch is actually Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals. I think it has helped open up his willingness to try new foods, especially if he gets to help make them.