Well the kids and I just got back from our summer vacation. We spent a week in Cascade, ID for our Finch Family reunion and then had a couple of days on either side of that week in Lewiston. We started our trip on the 26th of June and headed to Papa and Grandma Finch's house. The kids always love to go and see them. Their favorite thing to do is the "chores". Feeding the animals and of course gathering the eggs can't be missed. The first picture is of them helping Papa take the garbage down the long drive to be picked up the next morning. It is always more fun when you get to use the four-wheeler.

While in Cascade we stayed at my sister Airica's cabin. We were expecting COLD water so we weren't sure how much the kids would actually play in the water, but thankfully it was warmer than expected. The kids had a great time with all the cousins. There was a small patch of sand that they were able to find since the lake was still pretty high, but they made good use of it nonetheless.

Lauryn played a little in the water, mostly just hung around me under the canopy. She did look pretty cute in here bathing suit though!!!

Meysa swam and played. She was exhausted by the end of eachday. She and Raeli had a good time together. It was nice for the kids to be a little older so I didn't worry as much with them in the water. They had their lifevests on at all times so they were good to go!!

Ayden thought he was pretty cool to be able to blow the water out of the noodle. The second or third day at the beach he was pretty much done swimming. He actually went back to the cabin with me one day to put Lauryn down for a much needed nap. Probably got too much sun, which wouldn't suprise me. We didn't have one drop of rain the whole week except for a rain shower in the middle of the night.

Happy Fourth of July!!! The little Cascade parade was good. Not too long and not too short. They had some jets do a fly by (sorry Dad I already forgot what kind they were!!!), and that was probably my most favorite thing. I can't watch that and not get choked up. I am thankful for the freedom my family and I enjoy because of the men and women that serve our country. I am so proud that my husband is one of those people. The kids loved catching the candy (more like fighting for it). Meysa did come out with a scrapped up knee. Some of the kids were a little bigger than she was darn it.

Lauryn sporting her Independence Day colors. She was such a trooper. It was hot and she was ready for lunch, but still remarkably happy.

Ayden was such a gentleman during the parade. There was a little girl next to us that couldn't or wouldn't get out and catch some candy. So Ayden would catch a piece and then share it with her. He made sure both Lauryn and I had a few pieces and the same with Meysa. I think he only got a few pieces of candy but I was very proud him. He was thinking of other people besides himself. Maybe all my nagging is paying off. It is times like those that I think, "ok, maybe I am not such a bad Mom!!"

Another thing the kids enjoyed was some fishing. Uncle Andy and the older boys (JD, Roman, Tru and Tell) helped all the younger kids catch some. They had a great time. Ayden bought his own fishing pole with some of his birthday money and was so proud to be able to use to by himself to catch some fish. He caught 7 fish during his two outings. But as you can see from the picture he still doesn't want to touch the things.

Meysa even got into the action. She caught four fish and one of the biggest of anyone that day. She had a good time too!!

Probably the best days was when Uncle Travis brought out the ski boat on Saturday!! We could barely pry Meysa out of the driver's seat. I don't know how much help she was to Travis but I know she had a great time driving.

Travis had been prepping Ayden all week to go surfing behind the boat. Let's just say that Ayden isn't much of a dare devil, especially when it comes to trying new things. He really has to be talked into things like that. So Travis made him a deal, if he went surfing, he would get to drive the boat. Ayden bought it hook, line and sinker!! Anything to drive the boat man!!

Meysa didn't want to surf but she was all ready to go on the taco. She had the biggest grin on her face until the very end when they went over some wakes that were a bit too big for her liking!! She still had a great time though. I was hoping she would try the surfing but she wouldn't budge!!

This is Ayden sufing with Uncle Travis. He was pretty scared at first and didn't really want to let go of the rope but Travis finally got him to let go. The pics I have of him letting go are too dark and you can't really see him very well. He was the first little kid to try surfing that morning and was very proud of himself for that. Plus he got to drive, all in all he had a great time.

Ayden chillin' in the boat watching others get their turns to try surfing and working on his tan!!! I wish I could tan like him!

Making smore's on Saturday night. Ayden didn't want to be eaten by all the bugs which were in great supply so he was decked out in winter wear. Ayden had fun with fire, I don't think he even ate a smore, he was too busy making sure the fire was stoked for everyone else. I look at this picture and know that in a few years I will look back at how small they were and I will miss this time in our lives. Even has hard as it is, it is still wonderful. We had such a good time, the kids ran and played and made memories with their cousins. Families are AWESOME!!
After Cascade we headed back to Lewiston for a day. I helped my Mom put up a few batches of Cherry pie filling since her trees were loaded and ready to be picked. I can't wait to try a jar of it. Cherry Pie is my favorite!! Tuesday of this week we headed up to Couer 'de Alene Lake to see Ryan's dad for an afternoon. The kids once again got to play at the beach and actually had some sand to play in. Papa Don fed us, let me have a nap and then we headed off for home. Ryan wasn't expecting us to get home til Wed. afternoon, but I was so ready to be home and the kids were really ready to be home too, so we drove in the evening. Ryan got a nice suprise and we all slept well in our beds for the first time in two weeks.
Now onto getting ready for this new little addition to get here. It is kind of hard to believe that I only have about 5-6 weeks left. I am excited to see what he looks like and to smell that new baby smell again. I am trying not to think of the midnight feedings or the sore bottom!!
Hope you all had a great 4th of July and are enjoying your summer!!
6 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun!! I'm glad you had a good time with your family!! The kids were asking everyday when you would be home!
Did you get your invite for the shower yet?? I gave them to Nate so, I hope you get it soon...i made x-tra {that Nate should give you} so you can invite people you want!
talk to you soon~
Cousins are awesome huh! It looks like you guys had a great time! I am hoping we can squeeze in some camping and fishing before school starts! Your kids are getting so big...sorry about the braces bit! Yuck!
Wow you guys have had a fun busy time! I can't beleive your already to have that baby seems like you just told us you were prego
So glad you had a wonderful time and made it back home safely! The pictures are great! Does Lauryn look like Meysa or what?? You have the greatest kids (ok, I'm biased, but then I should be!) Love you guys!
Your family has the very best family "reunion/vacation" tradition. I've always been so jealous of the Cascade Lake trips. Andy, the work-a-holic" even says that after that week, he never wants to leave and work another day in his life.... must be a blast!
what a great little getaway. Just perfect before the arrival of the little guy. It all goes so fast, I think even faster. KcKenna's 9 months now, it's hard to beleive!
Post a Comment