After church we went to Ryan's grandparents house for Easter dinner and they planned a small egg hunt for the kids. Each kid had his/her own color of egg and they were let loose to find it. It was pouring buckets outside so we had the hunt indoors. The kids really had fun and I think the grandparents did too. It was good to spend the day with family and to attend church to remind us of the importance of the day. We hope you had a good Easter too.
14 April 2009
Easter 2009
Well our Easter morning was a quiet one. I think the kids forgot what day it was. We had to prod them to even start looking for their Easter baskets. The Easter bunny at our house is a sneaky individual and he likes to hide the baskets for the kids to find. We went really simple this year. Each kid got a coloring/sticker book and a few eggs with some candy. The girls loved their princess coloring/sticker books and Ayden was really excited to get his Star Wars:Clone Wars sticker book. It was big enough that it took him longer than a day to finish it. I guess the only down side to sticker books is we now have stickers everywhere. I came into my kitchen Sunday afternoon to a lovely display of princesses stuck to my floor. They are having fun though. Wyatt even got his very own book, which he promptly put in his mouth to see how good it was. He is getting too big too fast.
After church we went to Ryan's grandparents house for Easter dinner and they planned a small egg hunt for the kids. Each kid had his/her own color of egg and they were let loose to find it. It was pouring buckets outside so we had the hunt indoors. The kids really had fun and I think the grandparents did too. It was good to spend the day with family and to attend church to remind us of the importance of the day. We hope you had a good Easter too.
Finding Lauryn's basket...she was excited about the skittles!!
Meysa found her basket under the table and was more than thrilled with her skittles too. Heck if I knew they would go that crazy over skittles that's all they would have gotten!!
Ayden finally got out of bed after the girls went in to wake him up. Can't you tell how thrilled he is!!!? (he was really excited)
"Hey do you think they got me a book about monkeys cause they think I am one?!!
"Let's see what this book has to offer a young whipper snapper of 8 months!!"
The indoor hunt is about to begin!!!
Meysa's eggs were yellow and she was really good at finding them!!
Lauryn's eggs were PINK of course and she loved finding them. She even found a few for her brother and sister!! Ayden's eggs were orange and he had a little trouble finding them. I guess they figured since he was older he could handle and little "hunting". He had fun too but I guess Ryan didn't get a picture of him. Sorry Ayden!
After church we went to Ryan's grandparents house for Easter dinner and they planned a small egg hunt for the kids. Each kid had his/her own color of egg and they were let loose to find it. It was pouring buckets outside so we had the hunt indoors. The kids really had fun and I think the grandparents did too. It was good to spend the day with family and to attend church to remind us of the importance of the day. We hope you had a good Easter too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
what a fun weekend!
Your kids are so dang cute. We completely forgot about Easter. Good thing my kids are too young to care. It seems like you guys had as much fun hiding them as the kids did finding them.
Wow, mayhem. I always loved Easter. It was a challenge to see if I could make my candy last until the 4th of July parade.
And he often did, if we didn't find and eat it all in ones seating! Looks like fun, and I think I'd like the chocolate just as much as Lauryn!
I love that the Easter Bunny hides their basket. How fun! It looks like you had a great Easter! Your kids are so dang cute!
LOVE the picture of Miss Lauren! She's has such the personality! Glad you had such a nice Easter - LOVED the girls bed head too! ;)
i know what you mean about getting burned.. i'm still way too hot.
wyatt is so darn cute.. i love his eyes. thanks for your friendship.
Post a Comment