Ok, so I am back in business!! I finally have my computer all put back together and my photo editing software reinstalled. This post is mainly a catch up post, a run down really of what we have been doing the last two weeks. The picture above was a little outing that Ryan took with the OB department a few weeks ago. Once a year they go on a ski trip. This was Ryan's first year getting to go due to rotation conflicts the last two years. Half of the group went skiing and the other half went snowshoeing. Ryan did the latter of the two. He had a great time, so much so that he recommended us doing it as a family sometime. I am glad he got to have a little bit of time away from the office!!
Next up was Ayden's blue and gold banquet for Scouts. It happens to be the 100th birthday of scouting so the boys were to bring a birthday cake that they decorated to the banquet. Other than spreading the blue frosting (and baking the cake) Ayden did everything else. The cake had a little mishap in the car and one side got smooshed, the balloons on the side started to run (yes those black things are suppose to be balloons) and all the yellow sprinkles from the 100 came off the cake. It sounds worse than it looked. The boys were judged for the most creative and Ayden was really bummed that he didn't win. Maybe next time buddy. 
The next day was Scout Sunday so Ayden got to wear his scout uniform. He was pretty excited to wear it on some other day besides scout night. He is really enjoying scouts by the way. Next up for him is the Pinewood derby this coming Saturday. A post will surely follow.
Ryan has been busy at work refinishing the piano that we got from my sister. He is enjoying working with wood and is really liking the way it is turning out. The bench is done now, except putting the hardware back on and now it is on to the rest of the piano. We now have to get it out to the garage though, not looking forward to that!!
In other home improvement projects. We are finally attacking our floors. When we moved into our house the linoleum in the kitchen, laundry room and half bath had tears in them so we knew before we sold the house we would have to redo them. So we have been slowing working on getting the trim off the walls and getting everything prepped for the week Ryan has off later this month. 
We are also replacing the lament counter top with new lament and redoing the back splash with tile in the kitchen. It should make it look a bit nicer than the aluminum encased lament back splash. Lots of work going on at our house.
One of the more exciting home improvements that we have done is getting blinds for the house. When we moved into the house there were really ugly and really damaged blinds in only some of the rooms. So we ditched those and have been waiting to get nice ones ever since. I was especially excited to get the blinds up in my bathroom. Thankfully that window only opens up to the neighbors side yard and they are never in their yard, but I was still a little apprehensive about getting undressed in there. It was like a 25 foot sprint to get into the shower, hoping no one saw anything. Now I can dance around confident that no one will see me!! 

And last but certainly not least Ayden completed his first science fair project. I don't remember doing science fair projects until like the 7th grade but I guess Ayden gets to start way sooner than that. He had a good time testing the wing span of paper airplanes to see which one would fly farther. He also had to write a report and give an oral presentation to his class on his project. He said it went well and his teacher liked his project so it all turned out great.
Ayden also starts baseball practice this week, so I guess Spring is in full swing here at our house. I have a few other posts to do, so in the coming days I'll try to get to those!!
7 comments:
You guys moving soon? I forgot...is Ryan's schooling taking you elsewhere? I remember doing a couple of science fair projects...one of which--What brand of popcorn pops the most kernels? Wish I could remember my results.
With all your free time (wink, wink) wanna come to our backsplash too!? Goodness gracious you have had a lot going on. How do you keep up on it? I am so scared for Matthew to enter the world of boyscouts. It just seems like endless torture for the parents! What a great program for the boys though! Tell Ayden I would have voted for his cake for sure!!
I'm jealous....my software doesn't arrive until the 3rd! I guess you're in the "know" with Adobe!!! Looking forward to more posts and catching up! Are you using Lightroom? So glad to have seen you this weekend! Love you guys!
yay! you're back to blogging!
Was wonderful to see you this past weekend.
Hooray for home improvements! And hooray for blinds!!! I know you've been wanting those for awhile now. They look great!
I love home improvement projects! It sure passes the time fast!
Don't worry, you have to be at least 4 feet tall for anyone to see you through that window.
I didn't get to play in the snow at all this year, sad!
Post a Comment