
While we were in
Lewiston this last weekend we took the chance to go mushrooming. This was my first time going to find wild mushrooms even though my other family members have gone quite a bit. My kids were happy to get outside and enjoy a little different scenery. We were looking for
Morel mushrooms. The area we had stopped to look had just been recently logged and it was a little drier than we would have liked. It wasn't as easy to find the mushrooms but the kids had fun anyways.
Ayden found several, but my BIL Jeff was the master hunter. He stayed out much longer than the rest of us and therefore he found the most. Funny how that works!!
Meysa asked about 20 minutes after we got there if we could go. She was done looking for the that elusive mushroom. That is until she realized she could collect flowers. Those were more to her liking.

Some of our group gave up on mushrooms and took up hunting for flowers. They are prettier, but I don't think they taste so good.

As for myself I went in search of the urban legend, the Sasquatch. I think I'll submit this photo as evidence that he truly exists.

My brother Andy was trying to entice Lauryn to give him a kiss and in return he would get her out of the truck. You can tell by the look on her face that she was having nothing to do with any of that.

All of our
yahoos!! They loved climbing on this fallen tree. It was a nice day to get outside. The kids had fun playing and we certainly enjoyed the fruits of our labor. Eating the tasty mushrooms for dinner that night. I'll have to see if there are places around here for us to go mushroom hunting. The kids and I had a great time.
4 comments:
Take a tour of the mushroom farm off of marvin road, you get free mushrooms at the end and you don't have to do any hunting! It does stink however...
That's so great you get to see so much of your family! I bet the kids love all the get togethers with their cousins!
yeah ditto to what carrie said.. the smell is enough to kill ya~
i would have found flowers too. such cute kiddos. :)
yummo! I love those mushrooms! Fun to see pics of the kids and Andy too! Glad you all had so much fun....I missed out what a neat time to see Austin come home!
That brings back memories. I remember going mushrooming with my parents and Jeff many times. I always enjoyed looking for them but still don't like to eat them. Of course that was always o.k. with the rest of the family! :)
Post a Comment