I was woken up at 6:25 this morning by a little girl frantic to find her pink pen. My sleep deprived husband sleeping next to me didn't budge. I guess my day has started. My kids need baths and breakfast to get ready for church. I need a shower. It needs to be quiet so Dad can sleep so he can attempt to be awake tonight for work. I get to take all four kids to church by myself, again. Today is Mother's Day. You wouldn't think it from the sounds of it. Well I am chosing to look at it from the angle of, I get to be woken up by a pink crazed child with blonde hair and blue eyes. I get to teach my children how important it is go to church with your best on (and at your cleanest) and to teach my children that in church is where you need to be on a beautiful Sunday morning. Mother's Day has always been a day that makes me stop and think how grateful I am for my mom (she's the best) and also how thankful that I am to be a Mom. It is a hard job, but was anything of real value ever easy to come by? My children are of a divine value that can't be counted in numbers or dollar signs. I sure am lucky to have them in my life. Lucky that Heavenly Father thought I would be careful enough with his precious spirit children. The lessons I have learned about myself by being a mother, I don't think would have come any other way!!
I wanted to share this video on Mother's Day because when watching it I am reminded of the perspective that I should have about my life. That I am blessed to be living, to have a family and especially to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. What a strength Stephanie has been to me and to countless others who have heard her story. If she can be positive, then so can I.
You can follow Stephanie's blog at www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com.
Happy Mother's Day!!!
09 May 2010
{Happy Mother's Day}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Happy Mothers day Aimee! I too got to take the kiddos to church alone. The joy of residency huh? I hope you have a great day!
Corine
I was watching you today at church wondering how the heck you do it all and do it so well. You are truly inspiring to those less-experienced mothers, like myself! ;o) Thank you for sharing that video too. I had heard about Stephanie a while back but never saw her blog. What an incredible woman she is! Happy Mother's Day to you!
Thank you for sharing a tidbit of your life and the video. Beautiful. I think I need to post it on my blog too!
I hope all is going well. I love reading your updates on all of your children and watch your photography skills blossom!!
Amber
Happy Mother's Day to you Aimee! What a wonderful video...Stephanie has a beautiful spirit!
Happy Mothers Day to you!! Thank you for sharing that video. Its just amazing! I have followed her story but had'nt seen this one yet. I hope you don't mind but I am going to post it on my blog so her inspiring example can be further spread.
I just watched that video earlier today and loved it. She truly has been an instrument for the Lord. TO me she is still beautiful!
Thanks too for your insight...you are a great example of a good Mom!
happy mothers day!! i guess we truly didn't care if we didn't get dessert cause you didn't come over & you sure didn't see me!!! :)
xox.
Post a Comment