06 June 2010

{Let's move on}

Ok, so we have been looking at the post about Ryan's birthday for a few weeks now!! I don't know about you but I think we should move on to other things!!! Let me see, what have we been up to? Wyatt decided that he was too big for his crib and now he sleeps with his mattress on the floor. He has also figured out how to open every door in our house, so on went the door knob covers. Ayden is winding down his baseball season, he only has two games left. Meysa is working hard on getting a tooth loose enough to come out of her mouth. Lauryn has been making us all laugh with her wardrobe choices. She LOVES to layer. I just got called to be the Primary President in our ward so I have been up to my eyeballs trying to learn everything I am suppose to do. I have been a primary teacher for most of my married life but being in charge is sooo very different. We have a really large ward which makes for a really large Primary. To say the least it is my latest, greatest adventure!! Ryan is finally off of nights!! I really hated this last stint of nights. Thankfully he doesn't have to do that rotation ever again!! In fact in three weeks Ryan will officially start his 4th and final year of residency. We are very excited to be almost at the end of this road. Only to hop onto another freeway next June, but still each step is a step closer to being done. We are slowly plugging away at the home improvement projects. The latest of which is sooo nice. We finally got new carpet throughout the house. We needed new carpet when we moved in two years ago, and boy we couldn't be happier with the results. It actually feels like a home. We have a no shoe law now strictly enforced and punishable by, almost but not really, DEATH!! We chose to move the furniture for the carpet guys and in doing so we were able to gut the house and purge stuff we didn't need or had forgotten we even had. It feels so nice to have closets clean, nothing stuffed into corners just taking up space. It was the best Spring cleaning I have ever done. Our kids still have school for another 2 and half weeks so it isn't quite summer for us yet. Ayden is celebrating his birthday tomorrow. He gets to play baseball and then his Papa Ralph is taking him out for ice cream. I am sure I'll have pictures to share after tomorrow!!
That is what we have been up to lately, now we don't have to look at the same post any longer. No offense honey!!

5 comments:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

I'm so ready to dump junk! Purging is good for the soul, I think! I'll have to remember the no shoe law - and death threat - do you pass out foot spray???? Hope Ayden has a very happy birthday and eats LOTS of ice cream! Love you all!

*Katie May* said...

Wow primary Pres! Sweet :) I am the secretary and love it! Awesome on the carpet and almost starting the 4th year! Yeah!

Teresa / Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa / Andy said...

yay for an update! You've been super busy, to say the least. I don't know how you keep up with it all :) Miss you and can't wait to see pics of all the summer adventures...

Coleman Family said...

You will do great in Primary! And only one more year here, poo. Oh well, we'll just have to get together a lot this summer when things are a bit slower!