19 July 2010

{Over the river and through the woods}

...to Grandmother's house we go!! We just got back from a week at Grandma's house. It is our annual trek to Idaho where the kids run the 40 acres. They get down right dirty everyday and are happy as can be. We also got to see Ryan's Dad and Step mom for dinner one night. Don brought hot dogs and a delicious Effie's burger to the park and the kids played and we enjoyed a good dinner. We also got to feed the ducks along the dikes. We then celebrated Don's birthday with some yummy ice cream!! Thanks for having us for dinner Don!! (I of course forgot to take my camera). My mom had a sleep over with all the grand kids one night and she had s'mores on tap for dessert. We didn't have an open fire so we improvised and did them over the grill. It worked great and the clean up was a cinch!! After the s'mores the kids had to show off their mad tramp skills. In fact, since almost half the tramp springs are gone to stay on the tramp you have to have skills. Yes I am fully aware of the goof balls that I do claim as children!





On our last day in Idaho we took to the river to cool off. The kids LOVED it!! We were there for almost four hours and they weren't ready to leave. They got sand in places I don't think we know about. The beach we went to was clean and not too crowded and we had a ball. We went along with some of our cousins and my sis and sister in law, plus my niece. Great company, great beach, that pretty much equals a great day!! We miss our family in Idaho already and are so glad we are close enough to go see them often. This is the last summer we get to do this, so we took full advantage!! Hope your summer is going great, ours sure is!!


8 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Love all the pics! You have a great eye :) where are you going to be next summer? Are you moving again?

Frasier Family said...

Looks like fun! Ah, to be a kid again. It's great to see it through the eyes of our kiddos though, right? :)

Heitmann Family said...

Yes Katie, next summer we will be moving for Ryan to do a fellowship in REI (reproductive endocrinology and infertility). We don't know yet where that will be, we find out the middle of October.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I am so jealous that you live close enough to visit family or have visitors often. Moving to TX means even being farther away. But, I am not jealous that you have to move AGAIN. I bet you are anxious to find out where to. As always your photos are just beautiful, along with those kids!

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

That Mr. Wyatt is all boy - you forgot to tell everyone you will be childless when you leave next summer!!!! he, he! Love you guys! So glad you had a great time in ID!

Heather said...

someday i need to ship my kids off to their 40 acres & let them run,run,run. they have way to much energy for me!!! :)

Coleman Family said...

How fun! I can't imagine having 40 acres to run around on - amazing! Although I have to say that is the saddest tramp I've ever seen! :)

Dawn said...

I really miss the rivers and dikes! I think my favorite thing was to throw the bikes into the truck and ride for miles. Those river beaches are great too. The trampoline is scary. I'd have to leave, as the mom. Yikes. Great times at Grama's!