
The term "man cub" is a normal phrase with my family. We say it in reference to a boy usually young in age and small in stature but not short on testosterone. With the number of kids in my family there is no shortage of evidence that little boys and little girls are different right from the get go. When Wyatt was tiny, probably just able to sit up he was put on the floor with his cousin Tivi, who is only two weeks older than him. There was an array of toys to play with including blocks, cars, babies and other random things. Tivi was playing with the baby, loving on it giving it slobbery kisses, basically honing her mama skills at a young age. Wyatt was playing with the other toys for a while but then decided as young babies do that he wanted what someone else had. So he took the baby that Tivi was loving on and immediately started pounding it into the ground and thinking it was the funniest thing ever. Boys and girls are different, plain and simple!! Well while I was in Idaho visiting family I saw another example of little boys being little boys. Meet Teancum, my older brother's youngest child. If there ever was a child who exhibited more "man cub" like tendencies it would be this one. I found him outside playing with a stick as if it were a gun. Now to clarify my brother and his wife did not sit down and teach this little guy what a gun was or how to old one or anything of that nature. My brother does own guns and shoots them and so just in watching his daddy he has learned what a gun is. Teancum was off on a hunt and when I stopped him and asked him to show me his gun this is what I got. So adorable I think, not because I think young children running around pointing pretend guns at things is cute, but because I love seeing these little beings acting and behaving as little boys. So I couldn't resist capturing a Man Cub in training. These little boys of ours come hard wired to become men and the drive to build and fix and protect is second nature to them. I love his little face and how he holds the stick and how serious he feels about his little gun!! What a cherub!!





3 comments:
You're right...boys and girls are hard-wired very differently. That's too cute!
Doesn't it make you want to slap the 'experts' that say otherwise? He's getting big and cute! Who knew Aaron could have a cute kid?! Thank heavens for Lana!
I can hear him making shooting noises! He is his Dad's son!
Post a Comment