21 July 2010

{We're Expecting...}

....Four beautiful baby BIRDS!! A very fanatic mother bird built her nest in one of our flower baskets and while the kids and I were in Idaho her little babies hatched. I say the mama is fanatic because if you come within two feet of that basket, say to water the flowers that are in the basket she will dive bomb you without hesitating for a second. Then she will bark at you (literally) until you are a safe distance from her babies and she feels like she doesn't have to stand guard. I don't blame the poor thing, I would be the same way with my own four little babies if I felt they were in danger. My Dad calls that the Mama Bear coming out in me. Isn't it funny how Heavenly Father pretty much made mamas the same? We'll sacrifice life and limb to protect those that we worked so hard to get here in one piece. Ok, except for those odd animals that will eat their young, I'm not really talking about them!! Anyways, the kids were asking if we get to take these babies with us when we move in a YEAR. I had to explain that they would be all grown up by then and we wouldn't be taking them with us. They were kinda bummed about that. It has been fun to have these little babies around our place.

5 comments:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

Okay, the headline worked! I was like yahoo!!!! (thinking human babies!!!) Anyway, our mama bird never came back to her nest - the eggs were found on the ground :( Yours are really cute!!!

Coleman Family said...

Too cute! Although if they are swallows, they are MEAN birds! We had a mom and a nest in our home in Kent and when they hatched we were attacked every time we passed the garage (their nest was made in our security light).

Heather said...

it's funny how i already knew what you were talking about...since marlee has been talking about those blasted things for days! now my mom has 4 baby birds in her flowers as well....marlee thinks she gets to take one home too next month. she says, meysa & her can't wait to have baby birds for pets!!!! :)

Dawn said...

If I didn't know better...I'd really think you were talking about yourself! Just be glad it wasn't above where you walk, those babies are going to start pooping EVERYWHERE!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Love all the post! The pictures are great! I am sad we missed you guys but am glad you had so much fun!! Lots of great memories. The kids and I loved all the quotes too!