09 August 2011

{Summer Days}

We are having the epitome of a lazy summer. We wake up when we want to, we play in the sprinkler, eat popsicles everyday, catch up on our netflix, we get dressed IF we want to. Basically we are being bums and I love it. I know in the real near future we are going back to a routine, which I will be craving once it is upon us but for now we are loving the fly by the seat of our pants kind of schedule.
We have read Treasure Island, Hatchet, Black Beauty and are going to start Call of the Wild. My kids love when I read to them and I love reading books that I loved as a kid.
Ayden has gotten to new levels on Mario Cart Wii and he has built some pretty cool Star Wars lego bases and spaceships (more on that later). Lauryn is starting to sound out words and she is reluctantly practicing tying her shoes. Meysa is learning how to do her own hair and being a good big sister to Wyatt. Speaking of Wyatt, he is getting big. Seriously he is eating me out of house and home right now and he is only almost three. The other morning for breakfast he had a bowl of cereal and plate of eggs. He is also sleeping more so I think a growth spurt is upon us.
We are t-minus 20 days until school starts and we have to shop for school clothes and school supplies, camp at least one time in the back yard, celebrate Wyatt's birthday, and maybe even go downtown one more time. I hope to post more often if and when we stop our lazy summer ways!!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

i don't know if i like you posting... i miss your kids so much. especially that bright.eyed little girl!!! :)))
xo.

Teresa / Andy said...

Oh my goodness, I agree with Heather! This sweet little post makes me miss ya'll. Give those adorable kiddos a hug from us, and keep enjoying this wonderful summertime :)
Hugs to you too!
T

Frasier Family said...

Oh, lazy days...what are those? Can't wait to find out in about 5 years! :) Glad you're enjoying summertime.

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

Oh what beautiful eyes you have!! Love the pics and makes me miss you so much! Love and hugs!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Sounds nice...everyone needs some of that! :) Boys start school tuesday....

RR said...

I love the blog..