03 January 2012

{Back to Normal}

After a really nice winter break, we got things back to normal this morning.  Ryan headed back to work, I had to get up before 8am and the kids were headed back to school.  All of the kids except this little man.  I don't think he was sad about it though.  He is perfectly content to be the one in charge of the TV and to get to stay in his jammies all day if he so chooses.  It is pretty quiet now around the house and I haven't had to raise my voice once.  It is going to be a great day.  Not that I don't love having my kids home for a break, I do.  It seems though as the vacation comes to an end, the kids know they only have a day or two left to drive Mama nuts.  It seems like it is always the last day of break that I want to pull my hair out.  Yesterday was that day for me.  It probably didn't help that they kids were still trying to play catch up from staying up till midnight on Saturday night.  So pretty much everyone was sleep deprived and in a foul mood yesterday.  This morning couldn't come soon enough.  I tried getting up early to work out, which didn't happen.  The getting up early part of course.  I did get my workout in just three hours later than I had planned.  For some reason my body doesn't function before 7am.  Apparently my body quickly forgot how it can operate with limited sleep after all my babies finally sleep through the night.  A newborn would probably kill me right now.  So it is 10am, and Wyatt is still in jammies, watching Dora while I am still in my workout clothes needing a shower.  It is going to be a good day I tell ya.  Happy back-to-school-after-winter-break-day to you!!!    

3 comments:

Becky T said...

Oh, how I agree on this one! This year, more than any other year, I was really craving the routine again after having the 2 1/2 week break. Usually I am dreading it, but I realized yesterday how badly I need it. I felt like a big, tired, bump on a log yesterday after 2.5 weeks of being completely off schedule. But today, I feel like a woman! And I didn't get my run in this morning as I was planning, but still, somehow, I feel totally recharged. A breath of fresh air! Happy new year to you all!

Frasier Family said...

Oh yeah, I totally agree Aimee! I never knew what school breaks were like until this year with Andren now in preschool. Just like you...I loved having a break from the routine, but I was more than ready for school to start again this morning! :)

Heather said...

loooooove being back to "normal" too! now we might be able to talk with some peace & quiet! :)