Lately....
That is the word you use when you want to catch up on a few weeks of blogging. This is what our family has been up to lately.
-The older kids are losing teeth like none other. I am starting to worry if Ayden will have any teeth to chew with. Lauryn also has her first loose tooth.
-With all the extra work for the Tooth Fairy, you would think she would be better about remembering to come, but sadly no, she still forgets. The kids are very patient with her...
-Ryan recently got fitted for some good running shoes and is burning up the treadmill, that is when he isn't racing around the hospital.
-I just started my fifth week of P90x, and I am not dead yet. Yippee!!
-Wyatt is finally happy to go to his new Sunbeam class and doesn't throw a fit when we pass by the nursery at church. It is so hard to grow up.
-Lauryn is getting better at reading and is trying really hard to get her spelling perfect.
-Ayden won a multiplication match-up in his class and gets to compete on the whole school level next week. He also got bumped up to Advanced band on the trumpet. He is pretty excited about that one!!
-Meysa finally decided on what to spend her Christmas money on....an iPod shuffle. We are now "serenaded" (I use that term loosely) on a daily basis.
-We got our taxes done the other night....oh it feels good to have that out of the way.
-I have been getting back into the swing of doing my family history. Ryan got me a subscription to Ancestry, so I am trying to take full advantage and get my money's worth out of it!!
-Playing the Game of Life on the iPad is pretty much the only way to do it now. The kids love that app and want to play it all the time. We also LOVE facetime with Grandparents and friends!!
-On MLK day, we thought it would be fun to take the kids to the National Museum of Art, downtown. Lauryn, especially, has been talking about doing some art work that she can hang up in a museum. So we thought, heck we will show her some great art and she can see for herself what it takes to make it to the big leagues. Ryan and I were all excited, and so were the kids, until we got there and then they got hungry and it got boring really fast. Oh well, we tried. I would love to go back sans kids and actually do an audio tour and take my own darn time perusing the artwork. We did end up spending a few hours there and saw not even half of what there was to see. I can't blame the kids, they did well for their age. These are only some of my favorite.
The National Museum of Art is across the street from the sculpture garden. There is a large fountain in the middle of the garden that in the winter they turn into an ice rink. We had to go and check it out because this coming weekend we are going to get to come back and try it out with the youth in our ward. We were checking out the times and also the prices. We can't wait for Saturday!!
Finally, we got some snow!! A few days before we did, Ayden had watched the national news and saw that our previous place of residence had gotten a ton of snow and he was miffed. Life just wasn't fair!! So when they woke up to snow a few days later, he was somewhat happy. I say only somewhat because it was only an inch of snow and it had a hard crust of ice on top. Which made it hard to make snowmen and snow angels and you couldn't throw it at anyone or you got in trouble. They are still waiting for the big kahunas of snowfalls out here. Mom and Dad are just fine with the springlike weather that keeps hanging on around here.
Ayden is getting to be quite proficient in the kitchen. This last Sunday he wanted to make a recipe he had found in the Friend (a church magazine for children 3-11). He got all the ingredients out and I taught him about yeast and letting things rise. He was pleased with how they turned out and apparently so were the other kids, because there wasn't any leftover. Every now and then he even surprises us with making breakfast for everyone on Saturdays. I am not talking cold cereal either. He loves to make egg-in-the-holes and sausage. I think he'll be a keeper!!
Anywho, that is what we have been up to lately. Just your average, run-of-the-mill days!! Everyone is happy and healthy!!















3 comments:
Glad to hear you're doing well. We survived the North Idaho snowstorm--the boys LOVED sledding on the street next to our house. Other than that, it's been pretty routine around here. :)
What a fun post! It's great to see the pictures! Can't wait to do this with you! Love you!
I swear you could have 19 kids!
Post a Comment