02 January 2012

{Christmas Day}

 Since Christmas Day landed on a Sunday this year we got the opportunity to attend church on Christmas.  We have 9am church so we let the kids check out what Santa had brought them and they got to open one gift, from Papa Don.  New Sunday clothes were what was inside and the kids were excited to get to wear them to church.  They were less enthusiastic about taking pictures for mom though.  Particularly Wyatt.  He didn't see a need and really didn't want to participate until I let him wear his winter hat, then he was happy.  But by that time I had lost Lauryn....a Mom just can't win!!  After church, which was shortened to just one hour, we came home and jumped back into our jammies and the opening of presents commenced.  We let the kids open all their gifts and then Ryan and I opened our gifts.  It worked well that way.  I could get pictures and oh and ahh over their gifts and then have the peace to do the same to my own.  The rest of the day was spent enjoying new gifts, calling and talking to family far away and vegging out.  I made homemade pizza for dinner and the kids enjoyed another sugar cookie or two :)!!  It was the perfect day, simple, quiet and filled with love and laughter.  We couldn't have asked for more!!  Merry Christmas (I know kinda late)!



No comments: