
It isn't very often that I get to tag along with Ryan to one of his conferences. He goes to two or three a year and this is only the second one I have gotten to go on. Life with small kids just doesn't afford that kind of luxuary. I guess that makes the times I do get to run away that much more special. This year AFD (Armed Forces District meeting) was in Las Vegas!! Ryan's mom was brave and came to keep the hoodlums in check and make sure they were still alive when we got home. We owe her a big THANK YOU!!
The last time I was in Las Vegas was over 14 years ago. My roommate Gloria and I had traveled to Southern California to surprise Ryan for Spring Break. After we left sunny Southern Cali, we headed up through Vegas to head back to Boise. We got to town late at night and had to find a hotel to sleep in. We almost slept in our car but finally found one that was affordable for two college girls. We didn't want to venture out onto the strip at night. It looked less than appealing because again we were two young girls. So we slept in our economy hotel and then ventured out the next morning. We spent just an afternoon there but had some fun dreaming that we could afford to shop at the Forum Shops in Ceasars Palace.
This time around the trip was a little better planned, we actually had a room booked before we got there. Funny how much easier that is!! The conference was held in the Paris Hotel, which is basically right across from the Beliagio. Vegas is not the same as it was 14 years ago. I hardly recognized that strip. They have really built up in between all the hotels with little shops and there are tons more shops all which are mainly for the high end shoppers, which is not me!! The nights are still less than appealing to me but I had my bodyguard along on this trip so I was brave. We met up with our good friends, the Millers, and Heather and I hung out during the day shopping and eating. Really there wasn't much else for us to do in Vegas. We don't gamble, we don't drink and we don't go to strip clubs!! Shopping and eating are all that is left! We had tried to go on a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon and that didn't work out with our schedual. I did get to meet up for dinner with my cousin who lives there. It was really nice catching up with her. It was nice to sleep in, read in peace and quiet and just spend some one on one time with my honey!
Every now and then I need to run away from my everyday life and this trip was much needed. Thanks babe for inviting me to tag along! Love ya-

3 comments:
Now I understand why the two of you look SOOOOOOO happy in the picture drinking your shake! You're alone! :) Glad you had a great trip!
It was so much fun and I loved that you got away and I got to spoil those grandkids! Love you guys!
Aimee you changed your blog!
You are so talented!
Post a Comment