Ryan then quickly showed them the way to rid ourselves of the problem. He got a bucket and filled it with water and put the babies in. The mother (being a good mother) jumped out and ran away (although we think we got her later...see more below). Lauryn was so enthralled with the execution process (sick little girl). It was all the kids could talk about the rest of the morning.
Ryan and the kids went to the store to get sticky traps to put in the garage and when we got up Saturday AM, 2 out of 4 had mice in them. Must be because our house sat empty for two years, they thought this was their palace. What is it with our homes and pests (and our kids LOVING to watch them be destroyed)???? First it was the beheading of the garder snakes in Iowa and now mice in Washington. What will we come upon next??? To be continued...
10 comments:
It's always sad to me when we have to destroy an animal even if they are little pests. But no mice in the house will ne nice!
Wow, that was a little bit morbid. I mean, I wouldn't want mice, either. But I always just step on them. Instant death. Drowning has to suck. Although I guess I could see how stomping on them was fairly morbid, too. Gross. Why can't they just stay away so that we never have to deal with this problem?
We have had the same garder snake issues! YUCK!!! I agree that it does seem sad, but I also agree that I wouldn't want mice in my house!
I think I would have been scared half to death if I was the one who found the mice. Although, Rian, Isaac and Ian probably would have been just as fascinated by them as your kids were.
ewww! I hate those sticky traps. Just exhausts them into death. So sad, so funny that your kids thought it was cool. I don't do well with mice. Spiders, bugs, I'm ok with, mice make me run!
You really do have have all the luck! J/K I'm glad you're catching them. Emma probably would have named them or something.
okay, I have to honestly re-read this post over because you DROWNED the mice! The baby mice! Poor little guys. hahaha Of course, I wouldn't want them in my house either!
Ewww! I HATE mice and those suckers looked more like RATS to me!!! Gee, lucky you...:)
Ugh! You sure handled that well. I would have gone nuts!!
Oooooh, nasty! I hate, hate, hate mice and even thinking about them honestly gives me the chills. Good job getting rid of them!!
Post a Comment